starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The UEN League: match reflections and thoughts by LanEvoIII
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads
      I have an i5-650 quad-core, I could host if you guys ever casted when I'm not busy, I'm always busy tuesday nights, which is the game between OMZ and SCVRush, and am always busy saturday nights
      slowbadon.139 add me

Downloads
      Uploads
      My machine could certainly handle the casting, but I'm very much not the best commentator, so I find it best to leave it to the pros. If I could cast the game while making someone else commentate, however, I'd be happy to be a caster via proxy .
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      That could work actually, Smagee. If you streamed the game we could just co-cast. I could take the main part of it and you just add in when you feel like it. It would be a good alternative if I cant stream, anyway. Whatever way it happens, I hope we can work something out in the end
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      I'm up to give it a shot, but do we want to try such an experiment with such a momentous matchup? Let me know if there's anything special I have to get configurificated and I can try to set it up. If the match is anticipated at 8pm my time tomorrow night, I can screw around with it beforehand, as I should be around well earlier.
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      Nice work there smagee! I will probably be home by then as well to cast if you wish, but if you wanna do it with smagee thats fine as well the only reason I cant handle streaming is cause of my shitty internet, otherwise my i-7 and dual 5770's will make murder of it XD

Cant wait to see the epic matchup
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      You got 5770s working with SC2? My machine originally had one but I had to swap out for an nVidia because my game would BSOD constantly using any ATI/AMD cards. Although they may have fixed that by now.
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      Yea Ive heard about that but I havent had any issues so far actually, maybe to do with the patches? Actually I do remember some minor glitching, but no BSOD's at least. Also I will be home by then ive got plenty of time to get home before then! Looking forward to it XD
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Soooooooooo............I just had to eat lunch downstairs and missed the epic series. I will post my analysis and grades after I watch the replays
      LanEvoIII #988

Feel free to add me though I have not played multiplayer yet and I have not been placed yet. I will play my placement matches after my college studies (almost done).

Downloads
      Uploads
      I will leave the epic analysis to Redux, as he does an excellent job of it however I would like everyone to read OMZ's summary of their match from his perspective, its a very interesting read

SCVRush vs OneManZerg

But I noticed a lot of people going on about them using similar build orders and strategies, staying with the familiar and overall being boring. At this level of play there are a few things to consider:

1: You cant afford to go something you dont know well, as you wont play 100% and that will cause you to most likely lose the match, there arent many people that vary what they do greatly, and if they do theres still a high chance itll backfire, or itll work greatly.

2: Using a similar build allows for consistency, and if you watch each match youll see a slow degradation of skill, although minor if you start playing something you barely know, itll make it that much harder to play well.

These matches were a good example of what you should expect to be playing like when you get up higher levels. And youll see that they did better when it was a build they knew rather than being inventive. Anyway waiting with content as to see the detailed analysis!

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      The match the UEN has been waiting for lived up to its hype. As the co-founder of the UEN SCVRush played against the UEN's king of zerg OneManZerg.

Game 1: SCVRush's early bunker pressure was very devastating and although OMZ was able to baneling bust his way out of that hole, it was far too late as SCVRush was able to capitalize the impressive and well executed bunker play by macroing and thus went far ahead of OMZ to win the opening game. 1-0 SCVRush

Game 2: OMZ is more prepared in this game as he was able to handily defeat SCVRush's attempt to do yet another bunker play. The game was pretty intense; OMZ going for his favored ling/muta/bling and SCVRush goes for a marine heavy FoxeR-esque play. Unfortunately, SCVRush was not able to mimic FoxeR's marine heavy success and was promptly defeated by OMZ using good baneling, zergling and mass muta play to tie the series in a long drawn game. 1-1

Game 3: SCVRush goes for a tank/marine/bunker walk while OMZ once again goes for bling/ling/muta. OMZ manages to break the walk play. SCVRush transitions to Thors but too little too late as OMZ capitalizes on SCVRush's turtling and small number of Thors to gain the upper hand and with OMZ's transition to mass roach and mass muta to further bring SCVRush to the red. Another mass ling/roach attack came a few minutes later gave OMZ the win. OMZ also once again demonstrates great creep spread technique. 2-1 OneManZerg

Game 4: SCVRush goes for a 2rax opening while OMZ goes for a korean zerg standard hatch first play. SCVRush tries another bunker play and succeeds costing OMZ a hatchery and forces OMZ to get banelings and delay OMZ's droning. The game stabilizes as both exchange potent pushes. SCVRush does more marine heavy play and goes for some drop play which took down OMZ's baneling nest and forces OMZ to go super mass zerglings. A powerful marine medivac push with a few hellions tied the series and forced a game 5. 2-2

Game 5:The final game of the epic matchup and OMZ goes for a korean zerg standard hatch first opening and SCVRush with a 1rax 1factory and initiates some hellion play. OMZ's early zerglings were able to enter SCVRush's base as he was tech switching his factory and barracks which allows OMZ to scout double hellions and is able to answer by putting down some spine crawlers. Destructible rocks are destroyed to allow for faster ground play in scrap station. OMZ transitions to roaches. SCVRush's mid game push is defeated easily and OMZ pushes with some roaches to take out some scvs and pulls ahead. OMZ spreads creep in the shorter ground path and with the destructible rocks already gone, it will allow for very fast ground play for OMZ and at the same time takes the gold expansion. SCVRush adds marauders and banshees to his mix and attempts a push but ends up loosing a chunk of his marines. OMZ then pushes with mass roaches and wipes out most of SCVRush's ground forces and SCVRush hangs on by his banshees. SCVRush's banshees kills of OMZ's gold hatch but once the mutas enter the equation, the tables are turned. OMZ reclaims his gold expansion and builds up a very deadly roach/ling/muta ball and takes out an SCVRush expansion very easily. SCVRush once again takes out the gold expansion but OMZ's death ball wipes out the army and OMZ then uses the shorter path (which he has spread creep on) to get straight to the heart of SCVRush's base and kills off enough to force a good game from SCVRush. OMZ wins 3-2

Moderas contributes with some lagging issues and a pause in game 5 by SCVRush with some 'are you downloading pron? it is lagging' action.

The epic battle is over, however it might be too early as the final four of the UEN league season 1 is about to be decided and inevitably SCVRush and OMZ will face off once again.

Next for OMZ: Maintain consistency of his form; He has now proven to be the UEN king by defeating SCVRush. But he must not let his guard down as 'the rush' will no doubt return hungrier and with nothing left to lose will go all out. OMZ must maintain his awesome form all the way to the season 1 finals. Grade A

Next for SCVRush: Sit down, relax, watch replays, organize thoughts and get ready for a possible rematch with OMZ in the UEN league season 1 finals; SCVRush's defeat may put him down to second place of the power rankings. The five game spectacle ended with SCVRush's first loss of the season. With the semi-finals nearing, will SCVRush pick up the pieces, move on and come back stronger? Or has OMZ finally gotten the better of him? OMZ's summary and analysis of the series tells the story that map selection is very important and that he still believes SCVRush is the better player. Grade A

I think that SCVRush will learn from this series and will realize that even the best of the best will lose some day, but this is not the end of the world and he must remember the sacrifices that legendary e-sports players; Flash,BoxeR,Moon and Nada to name a few, has done to bounce back from disheartening loses.

The UEN league season 1 is drawing to a close, but the epic battle between SCVRush and OMZ has only sang its first tunes.
      LanEvoIII #988

Feel free to add me though I have not played multiplayer yet and I have not been placed yet. I will play my placement matches after my college studies (almost done).