starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The UEN League: match reflections and thoughts by LanEvoIII
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads
      I am currently watching the livecast of oink vs SCVRush. I will post my analysis after I watch the third game, hopefully OMZ finishes the upload soon
      LanEvoIII #988

Feel free to add me though I have not played multiplayer yet and I have not been placed yet. I will play my placement matches after my college studies (almost done).

Downloads
      Uploads
      Hopefully we will get an epic best of 5 SCVRUSH VS ONEMANZERG tomorrow night!!!!!
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Moderas

Finished watching the games and here are my thoughts

Game 1: A long back and forth game, oink got the upper hand early on but SCVRush fought back with a beautiful harass and some potent macro skills. When the game went to late-game, we see some battlecruiser action. Oink just stuck with using a heavy gateway mix (lots of HT feedback and storms), though we did see some void rays. Really surprised not to see some colossus to deal with the siege tanks (watch some HuK games). Protoss was designed to dominate the late game and in theory at least, is able to win most late-game encounters. SCVRush 1-0

Game 2: This is a really entertaining game; SCVRush goes for an early Thor push and was stomped by immortals. It goes downhill for our protoss as SCRush cranks up even more Thors and with additional MM support and great use of the 250mm cannons, takes the win. This game is a good example of two concepts; first; immortals really do their job as an anti-armor unit as they were able to take the fight to the Thors and lastly; mass Thors are great, with their 250mm cannons they become brutal and additional support makes Thors insane. SCVRush 2-0

Next for SCVRush: OneManZerg, He has proven once again that he is undeniably the alpha-dog of the UEN. However one Zerg has risen to power and is now threatening SCVRush's throne and will now cause a showdown of MLG proportions. Grade: A

Next for Oink: Flamga, Moderas or IceCraft; Oink proved he is diamond level but the loss to SCVRush means he will move down the pecking order, a clash and ultimately a win with another high level opponent is mandatory if he is to prove that he deserves another shot at becoming one of the top UEN players. Grade: B
      LanEvoIII #988

Feel free to add me though I have not played multiplayer yet and I have not been placed yet. I will play my placement matches after my college studies (almost done).

Downloads
      Uploads
      I was wonering, if:
      OMZ is best zerg.
      SCV is best terran.
      whos the best protoss?
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by IceCraft View Post
      I was wonering, if:
      OMZ is best zerg.
      SCV is best terran.
      whos the best protoss?
      Good question, there is currently no clear cut best protoss, oink who had a good showing against SCVRush, but I do not think he is at SCVRush's level yet, perhaps slightly below SCVRush and OMZ's level. Currently we do not have that many protoss players in the league and it would be a toss up between spacebound, you (if you stay as toss) and oink
      LanEvoIII #988

Downloads
      Uploads
      Im actually looking forward to tomorrows matchup between SCVrush and OMZ, its going to be a good learning experience for everyone I believe, and I have no idea who is going to come out on top, I would like to say OMZ cause he is zerg :P and they are awesome but it could go either way :O

And if someone can tell me what 8 PST is in GMT then I hope to be home to commentate with Moderas as well ^^ studies can wait as this is more important. Also does anyone have any picks as to who will make the final 4? Heres my vote:

> OMZ
      > SCVrush (I think the finals will be a 1v1 between them again lol)
      > Icecraft
      > Cookie (Ive been told hes doing well in the points )
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Nevermind I just had a look at the points scoring, which has been semi updated for most people lol, and so far in contention for the finals are:

> SCVrush
      > OMZ
      > Flamga (yay me)
      > Moderas

Then for the people who havent been updated yet:

> Icecraft

I think thats it, its all down to week 6!
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Flamga View Post
      Nevermind I just had a look at the points scoring, which has been semi updated for most people lol, and so far in contention for the finals are:

> SCVrush
      > OMZ
      > Flamga (yay me)
      > Moderas

Then for the people who havent been updated yet:

> Icecraft

I think thats it, its all down to week 6!
      I am predicting an SCVRush and OMZ finals provided they do not fight in the semis. It is exciting to start seeing new talent for season 2, we have yet to see what SpaceBound and other new comers are capable of.
      LanEvoIII #988

Downloads
      Uploads
      I believe 8 PST is 4 am GMT. Im not sure if I will be able to cast though, will have trouble getting a computer that can actually handle it
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Moderas View Post
      I believe 8 PST is 4 am GMT. Im not sure if I will be able to cast though, will have trouble getting a computer that can actually handle it
      We are going to need a bigger specd computer
      LanEvoIII #988