starcraft 2 strategy guide and video

View Poll Results: Which day would you prefer?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mon

1 10.00%
  • Tue

0 0%
  • Wed

0 0%
  • Thur

0 0%
  • Fri

0 0%
  • Sat

6 60.00%
  • Sun

4 40.00%
  • Any

2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread + Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Possible Tournament!- Time/date update!
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads
      Even though I really didnt need to since Blizz would never know, I went ahead and filled out their tournament license form. I am now officially allowed to host tournaments for the rest of the year >.>
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw
      Digg this Post!Bookmark Post in Technorati

Downloads
      Uploads
      OMG there are aussies here YAY!!!!! (ADD ME Flamga #377) lol

Yea the Australiasian players have access to the NA servers so i guess all of us have accounts on there already, also if you did it saturday night ish then itll be sunday arvo/night here which will work well, but as long as there is a lot of notice then this should be epic
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Regarding the 16th, I'll be out of town all that weekend, so can't make it. That said, if it works for everyone else, I can always just wait for the next tourney and enjoy the replays later on

Downloads
      Uploads
      Sorry Smagee, if others cant make it on the 16th though I will push it back. I want to make sure those who want to participate can. In the future though we might have to set these things up more like a league than a tourny just because we have so many different time zones :O

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Moderas View Post
      Sorry Smagee, if others cant make it on the 16th though I will push it back. I want to make sure those who want to participate can. In the future though we might have to set these things up more like a league than a tourny just because we have so many different time zones :O
      No problem, I figured such issues might arise with the geographic distribution we have and planning such a matter for the first time. As I said, I'll be happy if we can work out a date in which I can participate, but if I have to hold off until the next time we decide to work such a thing out, that'll just give me some time to practice (and happily start working in the new patch, where my roaches will be all the deadlier)!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Perhaps we can do a league thing. Just let people sign up and make sure they specify time zone and location and then you can do a randomization of matches or perhaps seed people based on skill if ppl are honest about their placements. i.e. diamond vs bronze for round 1. even though it's one sided, process of elimination should THEORETICALLY let us see two diamond players in the 'finals' making it that much more interesting. and of course we can make it a double elimination so the losers can play each other for another chance.

For example, you wouldn't want to set SCVrush vs OMZ in the first round, that would be anticlimatic right? Iono. And then by letting the league go over say 2 weeks people can work out the individual schedules. For example, say you give one week for people to play the first round and you just let the players work out the schedule and what day/time is good for them on that week and stuff. Loser will obviously submit replay and score.

I don't know, just a thought *shrug*

Downloads
      Uploads
      Im really liking Sillie's idea and it would still allow for streaming/commentary from SCVRush too. Im going to make a poll to determine if people would prefer a straight tournament style or a more league based play.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Moderas View Post
      Even though I really didnt need to since Blizz would never know, I went ahead and filled out their tournament license form. I am now officially allowed to host tournaments for the rest of the year >.>
      Smart move. It is, after all, better to be safe than sorry. =D
      Real ID: Kushakd@Yahoo.com
      Name: Kushakd - Code: 879

Downloads
      Uploads
      gold / bronze any

Downloads
      Uploads
      i would be up for playing, available any weekend, currently silver. but i live in england, anyway for me to connect to your servers?

McWill 243 - EU