+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Zerg Help
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Exclamation Zerg Help

Hey, I have some trouble with playing zerg. Like when ever I do a random 4v4 I would always look at their races and guess what they might do. Like if he is protoss I automatically know he is going mass void rays or blink stalkers. If he is terran he is either going MMM or mechs. Other zerg I dont really have any trouble with. I do watch some of Onemanzerg's videos, but I can't do it nearly as perfect as him. But could my kinda suckishness be from finger surgery? Reduced macroing? I just have trouble figuring out a universal build order, that can when I need to counter effectively. Help would be nice.
      thanks alot.

Downloads
      Uploads
      As a Terran player I can tell you that Infestors with Baneling back up can really wreck a Terran MMM ball. The infestors Fungal Growth prevents the marines from kiting your units and leaves them helpless against the banelings. Add in some mutas or lings and season with garlic and oregano to finish the job. On the topic of build orders, 4v4 is a rush game. Taking too long to build your economy or tech leaves you very vulnerable in the early game. The Zerg that I 4v4 with does either a 10 or 11 pool (11 with extractor trick cause he likes it >.>) so he can get early speedlings to harass.

Downloads
      Uploads
      4v4 is too short and too much of a clusterfu*k to devise useful strategies IMHO. 2v2 is the most players you can have where strategy can be applied. I mean in some 4v4 games I get rushed by like 18 lings ... 6 zealots and like 5-8 marines from all 4 guys. Hardly playable circumstances.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Yea, in a 4v4 just pick a general strategy and go with it. If you are in the back you can go with some Mutalisks and harasssment. If you are in the front you will likely want some roaches + lings and tech into Hydralisks and then eventually Ultralisks. Also, I advise always getting some early units as you will either need to defend yourself, help a teammate, or help on a push as the games are so crazy and intense. Your best bet is to work on your macro game and teamwork skills, they are the most important in 4v4.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Sillierabbit View Post
      4v4 is too short and too much of a clusterfu*k to devise useful strategies IMHO. 2v2 is the most players you can have where strategy can be applied. I mean in some 4v4 games I get rushed by like 18 lings ... 6 zealots and like 5-8 marines from all 4 guys. Hardly playable circumstances.
      thats so true i lost so many games just because a guy is teching and he got like 4 marines when 3 protoss come knocking with like 15 zealots and some stalkers.