+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Basic strategy against each race
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Basic strategy against each race

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you could give me a basic strategy against each race that I can use whilst I'm just starting out. As my scouting is a bit rubbish at the moment I need something I can just get on with and which will let me lead in to other strats depending on the how the game is going. I always seem to pick the wrong one and get turned over pretty quickly!

I play as Terran by the way.

Thanks!

Downloads
      Uploads
      To start playing, I think that an easy and very adjustable start is the famous marine ball. You can start just by building marines against terran and zerg, against toss is reallyy VERY important having marauders because they have more health , are heavy units, and slot down zealots(that might attack your marines).

In order to coplete it more you can build Medevacs, it is the famopus MM&M tactic. Yet, more important that an exact build order, I think is having a goal. Like I'm gonna attack at min 7, or at min 10. And you focus on building an army and attacking with whatever you have at that time. Why? because SC" is a really complex and game and is really easy to loose track of time and "get lost" building, expanding, making +1 attack improvements, and then you get attacked and find yourself without an army. This way you force yourself into building an army and attacking at an specific time.

Really important: never stop building scv, NEVER have more tan 1 unit (2 with reactor) queued to get build, that's "used" money, and can't be used for anything else. If you get surplus of money and need more units, build another structure. If you never stop building scv you should not need (almost ever) mules,so use the energy for scouting!!!! so you know what he's got and can be offensive and deffensive against whatever army he's got.

A very "adaptable" build order I used when playing terran is the 1-1-1, so you can go basic, or mech, or air, as you need while the game develops.nad build different units against each race.
      10/10 Supply depot
      12/18 Barracks
      13/18 Refinery
      15/18 Comand Orbital center
      16/18 Supply depot
      >100 gas build a Factory and tech lab(I usually create the tech lab on the barracks and if I need on other structure just swap it)
      >After factory is finsihed build starport.

Yet, BEFORE that, I would focus on a goal, makes everything easyer and faster, like (if not x min attack) "I will attack when have 5 marines and 1 marauder". BEcause attacking also serves as scouting, after attacking you will know his army composition and react...it's everything about goals and focus. GL
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thanks for the fantastic response Lemanruss that's just what I was looking for!

I will find a video for the 1/1/1 so I can get some decent timings as I know that I'm not quick enough, need to practice my hotkeys!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Welcome Harry,

I would encourage any new terran players to watch and practice Halby's macro drill. This teaches you to constantly macro and produce units while using hotkeys. It emphasizes fundamentals and explains the basics of the terran game.

SC2 Halby #70 (1of3) Macro Practice: The Mineral Drill - YouTube

Downloads
      Uploads
      mmm thanks a lot for that aportation, I had no clue aboput such a video, it will be good to update my info about terran. Beacuse in 200 wins I will go back to terran as off-race ^^.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      Probably the most complete TvZ guide I've ever seen: [G] Doc's Somewhat Definitive Guide to TvZ

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thanks everyone for your comments I'll watch these videos after work and let you know how I get on

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by HardManHarry View Post
      Thanks for the fantastic response Lemanruss that's just what I was looking for!

I will find a video for the 1/1/1 so I can get some decent timings as I know that I'm not quick enough, need to practice my hotkeys!
      This teaches you to constantly macro and produce units while using hotkeys.