• Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Exclamation Counter DT Rush

whats a good way to know
      A. if they r DT rushing
      B.how to stop it.

past 3 games i keep gettin DT rushed and get really mad. PLZ GIVE SOme FEED BACK
      i rather u hate me for who i am, than love me for who im not
      Terran FTW
      add goldtitan on sc2 for 1v1s (code- 224)
      :)

Downloads
      Uploads
      A. If they are DT-rushing looks for signs of early gas with heavy turtle, may consist of large number of early sentries and 2-3 gates. Then scout for the twilight council, usually a twilight council will indicate blink stalkers or dt's. Judge by the fact that he has X no. of stalkers and sentries.
      B. Depending on race:
      Terran - Save energy for scan once you suspect possibility of dt's, or build engineering bay early ( also helps with +1 atk/def ) Ravens can be useful but if their going dt rush and u dont suspect it, chances of getting a raven in time is slim.
      Zerg - Evolution chamber if on Hatchery, Oveerseer if on lair tech
      Protoss - Observer is the best way to go, can be used to scout the enemy base, invisible, takes 1 supply, not very expensive, fast to build.

Hope it helps
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      yeah that helps ALOT for my TvsP's
      Terran FTW

Downloads
      Uploads
      Gold Titan:
      Lets talk about possible build orders that are not DT rushes. This obviously requires you to scout them.

1. If they get only 1 gas, this is most likely a quick expansion or a 4 gate push.
      2. they get 2 gas and got a robo bay + 2 gateways, this is also not a dt rush
      3. Only 2 gateways or stargate.

I get suspicious when the Protoss has only 1 gateway and getting early double gas. This usually suggest void ray or DT and the possibility of blink stalker.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Yea pretty much what is said above. Best option is to watch the replay and see what things give it off, for example the things SCVrush has said all identify a possible DT rush

As for possible counters if you suspect it:

Zerg: Always throw spores at each base, and use the early evo chamber for some early upgrades. Dont try for fast overseers you will most likely end up dead, get them when you start going in for the kill, DT's are so good at stopping the rush -_-. If you see heavy gateway play, then its safe to assume that DT will come out later and throw a spore and spine at each base about the 9 min mark, maybe later/earlier depending on what you scout.

Terran: From what ive played, I would save the scan if I do suspect it, but go for a fast engineering bay and once again early upgrades. If going 1/1/1 I suppose early raven but I wouldnt do that >.< .

Protoss: If youve gone early forge for +1 early then just cannon your entrance and wall off slightly.

Remember try not to deviate from your desired tech path too much and use what youve built, bot just for detection but for scouitng, upgrades or just being plain annoying. If you need to buy yourself time, jam your units at your ramp, or wall off until detection is up so damage is minimal!
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      thx alot guys this all rly helps
      Terran FTW

Downloads
      Uploads
      True try not to deviate to much as DT's are not meant to finish you, they are meant to cripple you economically and destroy important tech. That is why unexpected dt's result in lots of loss, once their out and you cant detect, you have to deviate and lose control of everything.
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)