Closed Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Tutorial on using keyboard and mouse click macros using Belkin n52 and X-Mouse
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Tutorial on using keyboard and mouse click macros using Belkin n52 and X-Mouse

I just finished a writeup on using mouse-click and keyboard macros (using the Belkin n52 as the keypad). I went ahead and made a blogpost about it, as I did not think I could fit all the images and formatting the way I wanted to.

The URL link for it is Starcraft 2 Keyboard Mechanics. I hope some of you may find it helpful. I do particularly like the n52 for gaming, as no key is more than one space away from where your fingers naturally sit. With the modifier keys, the 14 basic keys can become 42, which is plenty, even for a complex game like Starcraft 2.

Anyway, those interested may want to see how I did my setup. It really helped me to go from having to look at the keys and take my hands off the mouse to do a Ctrl-0, for example, to having the hand move intuitively to what needs to be done.
      Digg this Post!Bookmark Post in Technorati

Downloads
      Uploads
      uh... mods? This post should probably be deleted. And fyi, blizz has been able to detect this type of cheating in the past (war3 for sure), so beware the ban-hammer.

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      This isnt cheating (I own an n52) however relying on macro commands will only get you so far, and to my knowledge they are not allowed to be used in tournies, however laddering I dont think there is a ruling against it. This will only get you so far and using such a system forces you to whatever binds you have made, hence a lot of intuitive and on the spot thinking will go out the window.

I will leave it here as information, the other mods are more than welcome to do what they wish if they believe so however.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Basically, their policy is as expected. Remapping keys is fine. Automation (multi-action keys) is not allowed.

1 action on macro key = is it illegal? Pls reply Blizz - Forums - StarCraft II

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9687/macros.png

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Ketroc View Post
      Basically, their policy is as expected. Remapping keys is fine. Automation (multi-action keys) is not allowed.

1 action on macro key = is it illegal? Pls reply Blizz - Forums - StarCraft II

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9687/macros.png
      And so blizzard says, remapping is cool but no automation macro buttons, not that it really would do much for you honestly XD

EDIT: thread locked
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Welcome to the forums, at the beginning of sc2 release, I heard a wave of people got banned for using macro keys in games. Reason was that they gave a distinct advantage to players especially macroing with zerg. Therefore, I do not recommend using them. In addition, it doesn't help you learn your macro, taking a shortcut.