+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Strange Zerg Strat - 1 v 1 T v Z
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Strange Zerg Strat - 1 v 1 T v Z

Here's an unusual replay. An army of queens. What would you have done? I can't believe a person can reach high gold level with this.

An Army of Queens - Starcraft 2 Replays - Starcraft 2 Forum

Downloads
      Uploads
      The zerg lost... anyways, I'd kill the creep with a detect so queens/spines wouldn't be able to advance. Also, I wouldn't count on spines as defence. I use them mid game to buy some time agaisnt small harassing groups. You need to be the one harassing when Zerg.
      CESTQUOICA [919 US] (Name changed)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Mass queens in the beta was a popular strategy among koreans and some north american players like TLO, it is still viable to some extend to defend rushes like 3gate robo or 4 gate because you can transfuse indefinitely while spreading your creep easily to the enemy's base on small maps.

Downloads
      Uploads
      TLO vs Dimaga i think it was
      TLO did great banshee harras, forced Dimaga into AA where he massed queens and make a beautiful comeback victory.
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      This build is quite good with roaches and then transition into ultralisk/broodlords.

The reason it works so well is transfusion.... If you have watched the funday monday version of this build with root.CaTz (I believe he is) transfusion is so powerful, especially when you can effectively insta heal any roach, making target firing useless. Each transfuse = 1 roach not dead to their units dying. If you have 6 queens and throw off 6 transfuse, as well as the roaches and queens attack you will decimate most armies.

Why dont people use it? Easy to abuse off creep, AND its very immobile. However in direct conflicts, queens are good against air and colossus and will naturally targer air units (7 range) over ground (3 range) unlike hydralisk who will target the closest thing. On top of that they are armoured and have a hell of a lot more health than zergs aa.

Also making queens instead of more units leaves more larva to make drones with, AND with the creep spread, in close positions it is possible to just spine/spore crawler rush his base with mass queens to transfuse while you tech/expand.

However I wouldnt recommend this on a large map XD
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!