+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Matchmaking??
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Matchmaking??

Okay, I am a pretty casual player. I'm in the silver league and not very good. Lately, matchmaking is ruining any reason to play this game. I am 2-12 in my last 14 games and am not even coming close to winning consistently. At the end of the game, I check to see that my opponent has played 2000 games and is in platinum. Has anyone else had a problem with this? It's getting to the point where I may stop playing because I'm getting rolled in every game I play. (I don't want to sound whiny, but isn't the point of playing games to have fun?)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Hi Crushinator,

Btw welcome to Uen! I see you are the newest member

hmmm.. in my understanding it would depend on the number of people available to play and in that specific instance there was this plat guy and you, ofcourse the system will try to look for a more suitable player of your league but i think it ran out of options and instead picked the nearest player which is unfortunately is a plat player ( your still lucky as you can get a diamond lol) but its just me and my common sense but
      well here is a more in-depth explaination about bnet matchmaking..

SC2 Ladder Analysis: What YOU Need to Know

I read it like half of it and it made my head hurt.. but I hope it would better explain it to you
      Last edited by woreyour; 03-14-2011 at 08:13 PM.
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

B.net ID: woreyour
      Code #: 180
      [both NA and SEA] (I wonder why it is same...)

"I'm so sexy, I sometimes romance myself..."

Downloads
      Uploads
      Oh here is part 2

SC2 Ladder Analysis: Part 2

Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

Downloads
      Uploads
      It all comes down to hidden ranking, this means when you were placed, you played really well considering, and means although you are placed in silver, you could be good enough for gold plat levels (ideally) best thing to do is take a break from laddering and annoying losses. Play some friendly 1v1 practice, or some obs wher elosing doesnt matter, up your game and jump back in. Youll be surprised at the results once you have that break to practice
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thanks, that's a good idea. I think my other problem is that I get very bored very quickly and am constantly changing what race I play, even though I do like zerg the best. I think I'll just practice 1v1's as zerg and then go back into the ladder and see what happens. I appreciate the responses!! (Also, I love this website, but just finally signed up, you guys do a great job)

Downloads
      Uploads
      well with boredom we are very much alike thats why I play random to fix that, also playing random makes you knowledgable of other races and timings as well but it is also a good idea to focus on a race. So ladder with your main race and do customs or team games with random or other desired race is my solution for boredom
      Always remember starcraft is not your average game, there is stress and too much detail that sometimes you might get irritated and fall out of love for it but when u start to work hard and go into more competitive leagues it makes you enjoy your hard work and makes you think more about the game, makes you love the game
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me: