+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: High latency
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

High latency

im currently living in an area with very bad internet and im running 1400 latency average and i was wondering if that is gonna end my chances of atleast making it to the gold league?

Downloads
      Uploads
      ive played at 700 latency (this was before my net was upgraded) and that was hard enough to play with regardless. At 1400 it will be difficult to carry out any micro possible, and leaves macro to win, which will only take you to gold maybe plat at most. Without a decent speeded internet you will be having a lot of issues winning :/
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Solid macro can take you all the way to masters without any micro. In the case where you cant micro at all, your macro better be damn solid
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Pfff play zerg, micro is nice but borderline unnecessary with zerg.

If your macro is tight it makes zerg micro only necessary at the highest of levels. Mid diamond is obtainable even with terrible latency, but 1400 might be a bloody slideshow.
      Why my name is NightlyNews ---> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/slow-jam-the-news-jimmy-f_n_830759.html
      ID: Brian (1312)

Downloads
      Uploads
      I think someone on reddit made diamond by just attack moving stalkers with no micro; never moving his screen view from his bases to prove that solid macro is what's most important.

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      Macro is more important until the point where 5 stalkers vs 5 micro'd stalkers.
      Obviously the micro'd stalkers will win as they can just run bak before dieing.
      You should be able to win with pure numbers until an even number of units are battleing.
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)