+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: PvP 4 gate proxy.
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

PvP 4 gate proxy.

Howdy all, moved to the NA server for a bit and I am getting pummeled by 4gate proxy builds. I normally go the economic route with three gates and occasionally a robo. Is there any way I can hold off that initial push?
      P.s. Tried sentries, it's okay but very temporary any other suggestions

Downloads
      Uploads
      Unfortunately PvP is an extremely volatile matchup atm. You really have 2 options to defend a 4 gate. You either A. also 4 gate or B. 3 gate + VERY VERY quick stalkers and 100% deny a proxy pylon. The 2nd option is, of course, harder. To use it effectively you *MUST* skip your first sentry and chrono out 2-3 stalkers and patrol the map immediatly.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Yea, since im not a protoss I cant give specifics, however its the same for every race, you either power a build to get a bigger army, or deny the pylon, best option to deny is at about 14-20 food scout around your bases, behind the grasses, check the xelnaga towers and make scout to make sure thats what he is doing.

Also if you see a rouge probe running around, or a delayed scout, or a scout that runs off for a bit and comes back a minute later, scout around your base.

And with the sentry thing, let a couple units get up then forcefield, so you can take them out bit by bit, your buildings might take a hell of a lot of damage if you walled off, however they will more than likely survive.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Moderas View Post
      Unfortunately PvP is an extremely volatile matchup atm. You really have 2 options to defend a 4 gate. You either A. also 4 gate or B. 3 gate + VERY VERY quick stalkers and 100% deny a proxy pylon. The 2nd option is, of course, harder. To use it effectively you *MUST* skip your first sentry and chrono out 2-3 stalkers and patrol the map immediatly.
      Mhmm..gotta love the GSTL for giving us this. This came from IM YungHwa. Artosis details it here: YouTube - ArtosisTV's Channel

Actual build order is here courtesy of CecilSunkure on TL:
      [G] IMYongHwa Korean 3 Stalker Robo

I think this is my preferred build against 4gates now. Even if the other guy doesn't 4gate, it is still a solid opening into midgame IMHO.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Honestly I've seen the 3 gate robo anti 4 gate build and don't really like it.

It's adaptable, but if they go 1 gate robo or 3 gate expand you will lose to an equal player. I'm generally against builds specifically countering only 1 other build.

If you see them 4 gate just hold it off with your own 4 gate if they don't 4 gate 3 gate expand. Good enough pvp for anyone not in diamond or masters.
      Why my name is NightlyNews ---> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/slow-jam-the-news-jimmy-f_n_830759.html
      ID: Brian (1312)

Downloads
      Uploads
      The 4 Gate rush is not too hard to hold off. It depends on the map but check out this build and replay to see a robo build hold off a 4 gate with just a couple of sentries.

Starcraft 2 Noob: Downloads, replays, and strategies.: The 3 Gate Robo Colossus Build with Replay

I think the key to holding off a 4gate is sentries. 2 sentries should be able to hold it off long enough for you to pull out an immortal or even a colossus.