+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: T v Z 1 v 1 - What went wrong - looking for replay feedback - silver league
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

T v Z 1 v 1 - What went wrong - looking for replay feedback - silver league

I'm looking for feedback on my first posted replay. It was 1 v 1 T v Z. I did screw up my build (didn't build 2nd barracks quick enough) order and was crushed by a simple speedling strategy.

What can I do to improve my scouting - you'll see my SCV sitting bored in the zerg's natural.

I was trying to get quick hellions to cope with lings while still pumping out mauraders to use on offense.

Once the banelings blew up my bunker, I had no idea how to try to defend. Any suggestions would be great!

Note that I'm just starting to practice not walling in my base.

Rugbyrat gets Crushed T v Z - Starcraft 2 Replays - Starcraft 2 Forum

get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com

Downloads
      Uploads
      If you see your opponent go for early speed (14 gas 14 pool what your opponent did) don't bother with that bunker rush or anything because he will have lings and will either cut off your units before they get there or cut off your reinforcements.

You simply didn't build enough units, basically you were too focused on building production facilites while not actually using any of your buildings. You lost because he had 800 minerals in units while you had 300 minerals in units and 500 in the bank.

I could nitpick and say that the starport was a waste of money or the cutesy switch between your factory and rax was completely unnecessary when constant production of marines woulda been better off. But against this opponent in this game it was too many minerals floating on your side.

Just work on the basic macro, hotkeys + always building something from your buildings.
      Last edited by NightlyNews; 02-08-2011 at 08:03 PM.
      Why my name is NightlyNews ---> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/slow-jam-the-news-jimmy-f_n_830759.html
      ID: Brian (1312)

Downloads
      Uploads
      You happened to scan at the absolute perfect time in this game, but you didn't capitalize on it. You scanned and saw he was going baneling, probably to break your wall; also, you were able to see roughly how many drones he had. He didn't have a massive amount of drones nor did he have an expansion, so a likely guess was that he was building offensive units. It's a very safe time to assume he is going to try and break down your wall. A strategy you may want to implement when you see this is double-walling, when you build structures behind your wall to make them force through two walls. In this case a supply depot behind the reactor and another bunker and a supply depot behind the original bunker. I would have tried to put 2 marauders in the front bunker and marines in the rear one. It is very hand to leave one SCV at the front of your base with auto-repair on to start repairing from an attack even if you aren't looking. A nice follow-up to this strategy would be a good stimpack timing-push.

That's just my opinion..

Downloads
      Uploads
      excellent points by both of you guys. Damn... you guys are getting a lot better. =)
      OneManZerg - 971

Downloads
      Uploads
      It's not the quality of most players' thoughts that are the problem, it's the rate at which players arrive at them.
      Last edited by Knuckles; 02-09-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Downloads
      Uploads
      It's easy to seem intelligent in retrospect, also you shoulda been spamming like a mofo :P

If nothing else spamming every so often actually makes the game fun.
      Why my name is NightlyNews ---> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/slow-jam-the-news-jimmy-f_n_830759.html
      ID: Brian (1312)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Team,

Thanks for the insight. I'm going to try to incorporate your thoughts into my gameplay and see where I go. Thanks again!

get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com