+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Opening builds?
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Opening builds?

Hey guys, I need help with opening builds for PvT play. I really enjoy phoenix play (alot) but also need observers.

Downloads
      Uploads
      This is timely :P lol as the new patches allow phoenix's to be produced 10 secs quicker than previous, however so far as i know there have been no builds or standards for this. However against terran i would probably head towards robo tech to help deal with either the bio balls with colossi or immortals to deal with mech. Not only that but having an observer and phoenix out early is also risky as you will be short many units just to have an observer, which a phoenix could do just as easy, OR instead of warpgate (if going mass phoenix) invest in hallucination, will negate the need for an early robo for scouting.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Phoenix play is difficult to pull off, against terran i wouldnt reccommend it, theres to much anti-air, (marines, vikes, turrets, thors).
      It is more effective against zerg who go muta because they are bio and phoenix are faster.
      Also there is no current build opener that allows you to get both observer and phoenix, the tech paths are on complete different levels, but i am thinking of trying a protoss 1-1-1, (gate,star,robo). Although this is a diffcult feat as, protoss with 1gate early game are so easy to beat!
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      I'm conisdering making 3gate robo my standard PvT and 3gate star my standard PvZ

Downloads
      Uploads
      You could just 4 gate every game and be high diamond by the end of the month, but if you actually want to play the game I would suggest either a 3 gate expand in to 5/6gate robo or a 3 gate robo timing push.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      I've heard going mass phoenix with some colossus and some gateway is a very strong army, but I don't play protoss so I don't know how you would get to that point and im sure it would prob take 3 bases to keep up with that sort of production.
      slowbadon.139 add me

Downloads
      Uploads
      MC opened 1-stargate phoenix vs Jinro (terran) to some success, although he lost the game later on. He used them like mutas where he forced the terran to turtle, got in good scouting with them. And would lift structure-producing SCVs on the outside and lift mules if he got inside. I think the key is not to get over-aggressive with them. Do what you can without losing any, that way you have them later to support your army by buffering your colossi from vikings and lifting siege tanks.

I think their speed and shield regen is enough to keep them alive vs marines despite their frailty, when poking around the terran base.

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21