+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zerg_Strange Tactics
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Zerg_Strange Tactics

What would be the effectiveness of having an overlord sent to another base and start creep in order to stop them from building buildings?

Downloads
      Uploads
      Scouting + Delays buildings - expansions, production, tech.
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Yes as icecraft says, but you can achieve the same effect with creep tumors, and to more a basic extent just placing a unit over the expansion. Of course against zerg this has less effect as it wont delay buildings however it will still give you vision.

Another tactic involving this is using your overlords to spread creep for you army to move on, i.e. roach hydra army, without creep is extremely slow, just poop some creep onto the map when you need to reinforce, or attack and youll find you army has much more effectiveness
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Creep highway
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads

Tried it

Well tried it and if building the lair to early, instead of your queen, is prob not the right thing to do. And on big map where the overlord takes forever to get to the other base, the other team prob already has air attacking troops.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Take overlord speed upgrade, take the overlord carrying upgrade. Get a queen in the overlord. Drop some creep in the other base with your overlord. Drop your queen a pop a queen tumor. Run away, and expand creep in his base: Lol...

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by syler View Post
      Well tried it and if building the lair to early, instead of your queen, is prob not the right thing to do. And on big map where the overlord takes forever to get to the other base, the other team prob already has air attacking troops.
      If you start your creep highway from you main, with enough tumors it will reach their expansions fairly quickly. Generally yes if you want to do something like this with the overlord you will want the speed upgrade, I should have specified
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      I think it's just too slow for that to happen.

To what Zilmerx is saying I have seen TLO use this and delay a terran opponents expansion greatly. Also, if you drop the creep tumor and it causes them to scan they lose an additional 300 minerals from not dropping a mule. This gets very cost effective then, but is a lot of work for you. Maybe this is more of a mid/late game tactic.

I recommend aggressively expanding creep from your base towards theirs. I try to get a 3rd queen early (when on 2 base) and use it to drop creep tumors as well as be early defense/AA. This is a lot easier and safer than micro'ing an overlord queen drop as you won't have to spend time or resources on the drop (those upgrades are expensive).
      OneManZerg - 971

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      I think it's just too slow for that to happen.

To what Zilmerx is saying I have seen TLO use this and delay a terran opponents expansion greatly. Also, if you drop the creep tumor and it causes them to scan they lose an additional 300 minerals from not dropping a mule. This gets very cost effective then, but is a lot of work for you. Maybe this is more of a mid/late game tactic.

I recommend aggressively expanding creep from your base towards theirs. I try to get a 3rd queen early (when on 2 base) and use it to drop creep tumors as well as be early defense/AA. This is a lot easier and safer than micro'ing an overlord queen drop as you won't have to spend time or resources on the drop (those upgrades are expensive).
      That makes it easier explaining it like that, for some reason i couldn't find a way to explain it. And when its late game remember, overlords are slightly expendable, as youll have excess minerals to spend on extra ovies past 200 supply. So early game yes I agree overlords are precious, but as you move on dont be afraid to use them like this, creep up an expansion, sacrifice one for scouting etc

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads

Creep Tumors

Creep tumors, def the way to go. They both are fast working and if early in the game, against terran the players most def will have at least a couple marine and it is not worth losing a overlord early. Still need to scout but don't loose that overlord.