+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: 6gate imortal drop
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Thumbs up 6gate imortal drop

hello ive used this for a while now and man does it work okay its hard to explain and well ill keep it simple start off withh a gateway and if zerg make forge and build some cannons maybe 3 at the most this is for a later early counter and after build a cybernetics core and mean while keep your eco going it may seem bad during but keep it up and build gate ways during the contruction of the cyb and warp and after get your warp and then imortals get 2 and ready your warp prism and warp gates then send it towards a part of there base where ether its there mineral line or weak point and it helps alot when his army isnt near there. it helps alot of your in a team game and your allys attack head on and then you do the drop during make sure you warp in some stalkers or anything that can counter his units or etc

Downloads
      Uploads
      I had a hard time reading: *Takes the zerg queen's voice* We require mooooore punctuation.

Immortal drop is a good idea, I personally tend to forget that the immortal does +armored and that all buildings count as armored. But maybe the only little problem with this is if your warp prism get caught or your units get left alone. Example: I bring my warp prism with 2 immortals in it. I drop the immortals, open a power field, warp in 6 stalkers. A big whole army comes at you, OMG, I got to leave. But no, you can't, because the units you warped in take additionnal room in your warp prism. And you can only bring back your 2 immortals or a hand full of stalkers.

Downloads
      Uploads
      I'm a huge fan of the immortal drop, but prefer my own build. It works okay against zerg or toss, but have never really tried it against terran.

Basically you go gate cybo gate and wall off but only build a zealot or two and two stalkers to stop lings. Then you go robo, crono out 2 immortals and a warp prisim. When I drop in their base I throw down 2 zealots to stop them from making just lings and move in. If the zerg went roaches you can do a lot of damage while safely teching to collosi.

Benefits of my build: If the zerg massed lings you can easily take your immortals and only lost 200 minerals in zealots for a lot of scouting. Zerg almost never have air at this point or even hydras so its just dancing around the queens.

Versus Protoss it can work but most toss don't wall off so unless its scrap station or something just moving in with immortals against the predictable mass of stalkers may be to your benefit.
      Last edited by NightlyNews; 01-03-2011 at 11:07 PM.