+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finally asking for help and opinions :)
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Finally asking for help and opinions :)

So ive played so more and feel like I have improved quite a bit ^^ however I feel it is time that I turn to the members of theUEN again for some other views on my play, and will upload as I get them different variations of play that I have been tinkering with or just want to see if you people think ive pulled it off properly, and just more general comments about macro or (GASP!) micro which im finally starting to get into XD

Anyway my first submission is a ladder mirrior match on scrap station against a diamond player (who knows what rank), I was the eventual victor through the use of roaches, hydras and infestors, against a very annoying muta/ling/bling build. Aside from my roaches getting taking out by drone (that i saw >.<) trying to take out his spire, let me know what youse all pick up on

Flamgas ladder match for review - Starcraft 2 Replays - Starcraft 2 Forum

Also for any other zergs out there, I hope watching helps your play as well as mine XD
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      I'll have to watch it and comment/analyze it next weekend.
      Fealorin.945
      http://uentv.blip.tv/
      www.ustream.tv/channel/theuen
      www.livestream.com/theuen

Downloads
      Uploads
      Hey guys the actual replay i wanted everyone to watch (not that i mind the above one as well XD) is this one:

Flamgas ladder match for review 2 - Starcraft 2 Replays - Starcraft 2 Forum

the previous was a 1v1 against fealorin XD have a watch anyway and see what you think, but the above description is for this game
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      I will watch your games, if you watch mine, just uploaded 2 replays =]
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Okay so i watched the 2nd replay u posted, and i erally liked wat i saw.
      Great use of fungal growth on those banelings
      You could try sending some suicide overlords or make an overseer, the overseer can contaminate hatcheries, stopping them from producing larvae (huge against zerg).
      spread creep a little further, as you expand to your 3rd, you'll want your creep already there for a defensive position.
      Good response to seeing those mutas. (throwing up spores and hydra den).
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by IceCraft View Post
      Okay so i watched the 2nd replay u posted, and i erally liked wat i saw.
      Great use of fungal growth on those banelings
      You could try sending some suicide overlords or make an overseer, the overseer can contaminate hatcheries, stopping them from producing larvae (huge against zerg).
      spread creep a little further, as you expand to your 3rd, you'll want your creep already there for a defensive position.
      Good response to seeing those mutas. (throwing up spores and hydra den).
      Thanks, yea i never really think of suiciding ovies :/ so I did sorta play blindish and I didnt put too much creep there as I actually forgot which I was pushing XD. I used to do the contaminate trick however it took too much focus off my macro so I stopped, however I might try to go it again

thanks for the advice and I will watch your replays later tonight XD

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Flamga
      You send your 4 lings over to his base, and lost to his lings in the middle, I felt you overreacted a bit, as you had no idea what was going on in his base, and built 4 roaches and some lings in response, when you could have spent those on drones to build your economic advantage.

That's all I can think of for now in terms of criticism, other than your opponent had a pretty big advantage and blew it when waited too long to attack and you had infestors and then you were easily able to take him out with some fungal growth
      slowbadon.139 add me

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by slowbadon
      You send your 4 lings over to his base, and lost to his lings in the middle, I felt you overreacted a bit, as you had no idea what was going on in his base, and built 4 roaches and some lings in response, when you could have spent those on drones to build your economic advantage.

That's all I can think of for now in terms of criticism, other than your opponent had a pretty big advantage and blew it when waited too long to attack and you had infestors and then you were easily able to take him out with some fungal growth
      Thanks for that, i suppose when you put it like that yea i agree, however the 4 lings are meant to take out the 2 lings most zerg scout with. So with them gone and him also sending 4 i assumed that well he is either going for my build or mutas. The 4 roaches were intended to do economic damage (i know i wasted them on the spire lol) and force him to make more lings, and also to confirm if he had that spire before making my decision to go either hydra or muta. Unfortuantely it did hurt my drone count as you said, unforutnately early pressure is a double edged sword >.< thanks for that though. Also what advantage did he have? As I would like to know if i had a responce already available or not or what was going on

Thanks heaps mate XD

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      If he attacks at around the 12 or 13 minute mark instead of waiting, its 13 mutas, 13 lings, 8blings against 11 hydras, and 5 roaches, you lose that battle and he gets his 3rd base up.

That's the advantage I'm talking about
      slowbadon.139 add me

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by slowbadon View Post
      If he attacks at around the 12 or 13 minute mark instead of waiting, its 13 mutas, 13 lings, 8blings against 11 hydras, and 5 roaches, you lose that battle and he gets his 3rd base up.

That's the advantage I'm talking about
      Thanks, will have a look into that

GMT +10.5!