Uploads

HelpInGeneral (Bronze fail)

I play, but seem to get no where..
      Here's on of my games.
      NewToStarcraft - Starcraft 2 Replays - Starcraft 2 Forum

Downloads
      Uploads
      My little review of the replay.

0:56 : That's when you should have made your supply depot. Because of the supply depot at 11 you got supply blocked and your money got up. Maybe in your build order it says 10 supply depot. It means that you must start making your supply depot when you are at 10/11, not when your 10th SCV pops.

2:40 : Your money goes up to 500, no SCVs in production, no barracks. A slip because of the SCV that was scouting in the protoss base. You can queue up moves with your SCV to spare you time and allow you to do other stuff with your hotkeys ( 4 + S takes you less than 1 second. ), And don't worry about your SCV, it can take many probe hits before it dies.

10:40 : Marauder micro. Should have used stim pack and at least 2 more marauders, just to make a sure hit and kill that zealot. I guess you sent your marauder so the ennemy does'nt see your whole army, but in the process you lost 2 marauders. Also, when you scanned the protoss entry, there was an observer. So you can guess he has a robotics facility and is probably going colossus. You can also guess that he has an observer over your army and knows exactly what you're doing, so that marauder micro shouldn't have had his place and you should just have sent all your units to make him shit in his pants.

12:11 : Just a random number in time, in mid game. Really, not enough SCVs. I saw you took the SCVs at your main base and sent half of the SCVs to your expansion, that's good. But the idea of this process is to be able to make both of your command centers produce SCVs at the same time, not to divide your SCv number in half, they will just mine the same amount of money. Its 2 SCVs per mineral patch, and 3 SCVs per refinery. If you have more, get an expansion.

13:20 : Two lone colossus. JUMP ON IT. The colossuses even went into an impass and you could just have destroyed them, to make the protoss shit even more in his pants, maybe he wouldn't have attacked you at that time.

13:50 : Oh god. xD. Target firing is good, but not in this situation, 12 chargelots, 6 stalkers and 3 sentries make more damage than a single colossus. So in this case just stim-pack-run-back-to-your-base would've been a good technique, in my opinion.

17:00 : Beginning of macro slip.

17:35 : Phoenixes on the mini-map, you saw them ?
      18:03 : Phoenixes on the mini-map, you saw them ?

18.25 : Sending your vikings to kill phoenixes. They get raped.
      18:45 : You send in marines marauder, their phoenix get raped.
      This is what should have happenned:
      18:25: You send in marines marauders, vikings, the phoenixes get raped, and you have all your units. Your vikings come back later, and help your kill void rays / colossuses / whatever.

27:16 : End of the game with 2700 minerals in bank, or in other words, 54 marines just waiting to be made.

So, in general:
      1: Not enough SCVs. ~Make more SCVs. Your 2 bases should look like 6:16 with an extra refinery, if necessary.

2: Don't panic when you see stuff coming at you, if they send phoenixes in your base, its to make you shit in your pants and make your forget important stuff, like money, production, etc.

3: Should really have a hotkey of your army, to respond faster to attacks etc.

4: Had a scout at the beginning, and a scan later, but nothing after that.

5: Look at your mini-map. One good thing to do is to always do something. If its Ok, you continue in the list, if its not, you respond.
      Basic:
      -1: Look at your mini-map.
      -2: Look at your mineral count.
      -3: Look at your supply.
      -4: Look at your army.
      Touchy:
      -5: Have you scouted?
      -6: Do you have the right counter?
      -7: Do you have a better income than him?
      -8: Do you harass / make inconfortable / make shit in his pants ?

Basically, you can get out of bronze by following the simple 4 basics.

Hope that helps.
      Last edited by Zilmerx; 12-18-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Since your bronze I only really watched the first 10 mins, as the later game will vary greatly depending on what you build at the start. Anyway I will keep it simple, as itll be easier to focus on a couple points rather than go ITS ALL WRONG, as itll not leave a clear direction for you to take.

1- You get supply blocked frequently, and/or have too much supply at once, try to keep the supply flowing without having too much leeway. I wouldnt worry too much about it atm but its somethign to think about.

2- MOST IMPORTANT: Always make workers, like always always always, if there is one thing you focus on from now on, it should be that, that command centre should always be making stuff so when you expand, you can fully saturate your expo straight away. Of course there is such a thing as too much, however its better to have too many and have an insane income than not enough.

3- Make sure you are always spending money all the time, try to keep your resources as low as possible. This doesnt mean i have 500 minerals lets drop 2 barracks, just make sure you can keep constant production and low resources, not only build from some barracks etc.

4- Finally, do you have a build you do, a specific order? For example when I play terran my build consists of:
      >9 supply
      >12 rax
      >14 gas
      >16 orbital

And then throw in supply when I need to and extra rax/factory when I want to tech.

Thats pretty much it, and if you focus on those things, and just macro then youll get gold easy. Let me know if you want me to help you work on these things, but they are fundamentals prettu much so get them and youll be fine.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      I didn't know S will make the automaticaly send your worker to gather. I really wish I knew that sooner.
      Krawll-959
      Add me and feel the wrath of the bronze.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thanks guys.
      Lots of help(:

Downloads
      Uploads
      @zilmerx, Thanks for taking the time to write an extensive review on his replay. We appreciate it.

Also, for anyone who likes to start new thread because they have problems/bugs/questions etc... make sure you explain yourself what exactly do you need help on? Is it a critique on a game? Something you have trouble that you need to work on? Asking for resources? etc... That way it is easy to address each question for everyone.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by SCVrush View Post
      @zilmerx, Thanks for taking the time to write an extensive review on his replay. We appreciate it.

Also, for anyone who likes to start new thread because they have problems/bugs/questions etc... make sure you explain yourself what exactly do you need help on? Is it a critique on a game? Something you have trouble that you need to work on? Asking for resources? etc... That way it is easy to address each question for everyone.
      Yea, itll make it much easier to disect what you want back, hence giving general ideas to fix your gameplay. Obviously I know that you may or maynot want to work on, but itll make helping you easier. Which means when you get on vent we can help you person to person rather than just posts ^^ although this is very good for a detailed analysis

Anyway GL HF and keep at it XD
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Zilmerx
      10:40 : Marauder micro. Should have used stim pack and at least 2 more marauders, just to make a sure hit and kill that zealot. I guess you sent your marauder so the ennemy does'nt see your whole army, but in the process you lost 2 marauders. Also, when you scanned the protoss entry, there was an observer. So you can guess he has a robotics facility and is probably going colossus. You can also guess that he has an observer over your army and knows exactly what you're doing, so that marauder micro shouldn't have had his place and you should just have sent all your units to make him shit in his pants.

12:11 : Just a random number in time, in mid game. Really, not enough SCVs. I saw you took the SCVs at your main base and sent half of the SCVs to your expansion, that's good. But the idea of this process is to be able to make both of your command centers produce SCVs at the same time, not to divide your SCv number in half, they will just mine the same amount of money. Its 2 SCVs per mineral patch, and 3 SCVs per refinery. If you have more, get an expansion.

13:20 : Two lone colossus. JUMP ON IT. The colossuses even went into an impass and you could just have destroyed them, to make the protoss shit even more in his pants, maybe he wouldn't have attacked you at that time.

13:50 : Oh god. xD. Target firing is good, but not in this situation, 12 chargelots, 6 stalkers and 3 sentries make more damage than a single colossus. So in this case just stim-pack-run-back-to-your-base would've been a good technique, in my opinion.

17:00 : Beginning of macro slip.

17:35 : Phoenixes on the mini-map, you saw them ?
      18:03 : Phoenixes on the mini-map, you saw them ?

18.25 : Sending your vikings to kill phoenixes. They get raped.
      18:45 : You send in marines marauder, their phoenix get raped.
      This is what should have happenned:
      18:25: You send in marines marauders, vikings, the phoenixes get raped, and you have all your units. Your vikings come back later, and help your kill void rays / colossuses / whatever.

27:16 : End of the game with 2700 minerals in bank, or in other words, 54 marines just waiting to be made.

So, in general:
      1: Not enough SCVs. ~Make more SCVs. Your 2 bases should look like 6:16 with an extra refinery, if necessary.

2: Don't panic when you see stuff coming at you, if they send phoenixes in your base, its to make you shit in your pants and make your forget important stuff, like money, production, etc.

3: Should really have a hotkey of your army, to respond faster to attacks etc.

4: Had a scout at the beginning, and a scan later, but nothing after that.

5: Look at your mini-map. One good thing to do is to always do something. If its Ok, you continue in the list, if its not, you respond.
      Basic:
      -1: Look at your mini-map.
      -2: Look at your mineral count.
      -3: Look at your supply.
      -4: Look at your army.
      Touchy:
      -5: Have you scouted?
      -6: Do you have the right counter?
      -7: Do you have a better income than him?
      -8: Do you harass / make inconfortable / make shit in his pants ?

Basically, you can get out of bronze by following the simple 4 basics.

Hope that helps.
      impressive review indeed i hope you can review me too
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

B.net ID: woreyour
      Code #: 180
      [both NA and SEA] (I wonder why it is same...)

"I'm so sexy, I sometimes romance myself..."