+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sex change from Terran to Protoss!
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Sex change from Terran to Protoss!

Hey guys its XEuph,

Alright well the title may be inappropriate being there is no actual sex change but for me it is just that! So anyways whats is really happening is i'm switching my race from Terran to Protoss. Why exactly? Well its not because i'm sick of getting owned countless times by proxy gates or 3 gate FE or anything of the sort. Its because i love the depth of both tier 2-3 tree's that Protoss offers and that allows for a really strong rush transitioned into a really good and strong mid/late game. Playing as Terran i feel like i really lacked in that area and feel like Protoss fits me quite well.

Anyhow back to why we are here. I played a few games today Won them all actually playing as Protoss of coarse! I feel like i needed help though which is why im here! (Yay finally he spits it out!) One of the games we decided to play out the rush get an early eco advantage and counter push. The other we actually were tired of winning through eco advantages and mid game counters that we decided to fray and do more of a cheeze rush. Although both games i ended up winning i felt like i cheated myself being i can see the potential i have i just need help achieving it PLEASE if you are a good Protoss player evaluate my games and break them down and give me as much critique as possible! And post here with your words of encouragement and if you could post in detail it would be appretiated!

Game 1 (Eco Adv) 2vs2 - (XEuph & A)PZ vs TZ
      HERE
      Game 2 (Early Cheeze) 2vs2 - (XEuph & A)PZ vs TT
      HERE
      Last edited by XEuph; 12-16-2010 at 05:35 AM.

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win your still retarded!"
      Decent Plat-Diamond players add me to play! XEuph 656 or uschruppmc@gmail.com

Downloads
      Uploads
      No Protoss players out there?

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win your still retarded!"

Downloads
      Uploads
      There's quite a few out there, just be patient and they will come.
      Fealorin.945
      http://uentv.blip.tv/
      www.ustream.tv/channel/theuen
      www.livestream.com/theuen

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thanks on a side note it's the weekend wanna run some 1vs1's need to start getting a few builds down :P

Downloads
      Uploads
      Yeah, when I get a chance I will.
      Fealorin.945
      http://uentv.blip.tv/
      www.ustream.tv/channel/theuen
      www.livestream.com/theuen

Downloads
      Uploads
      I will look at it before I go to Vegas tomorrow. lols.

Downloads
      Uploads
      I watched 1 of the replays, and so far, everything looks pretty good, macro n micro are good. But your sentry's usage could have been better, most of the forcefields were wasted, you coulda used them to trap enemies from running instead of a random FF in the army. But you did have a good idea of using psi-storm with the FF, blocking 1 side and storming the middle was a great strat.

Very good job producing those probes
      But you neeed to get your timeing right, as soon as your cyber-core went up, you could've researched warpgates straight away. And watch your harvesters, what they are mineing, a few times i saw you put some workers on gas, only to take them off.

Also most protoss players would opt for a stalker early game for scouting or killing scouts. You can chrono a stalker or build a zealot, most depends on what situation your in, (if cheese obviously zealot first).

I think thats about it, or all that i can remember right now. GOODLUCK SIR. For Aiur.
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by XEuph View Post
      Thanks on a side note it's the weekend wanna run some 1vs1's need to start getting a few builds down :P
      its the middle of the week. lol. And if you want help training just let me know. I'll run some games with you. I am at no skill level with protoss to critique another persons game play but the least I can do is play with you some to improve your game.
      Krawll-959
      Add me and feel the wrath of the bronze.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by IceCraft
      But you neeed to get your timeing right, as soon as your cyber-core went up, you could've researched warpgates straight away. And watch your harvesters, what they are mineing, a few times i saw you put some workers on gas, only to take them off.

Also most protoss players would opt for a stalker early game for scouting or killing scouts. You can chrono a stalker or build a zealot, most depends on what situation your in, (if cheese obviously zealot first).

I think thats about it, or all that i can remember right now. GOODLUCK SIR. For Aiur.
      Thank you this was exactly what I was looking for now to reIterate sentries you say to block off I am familiar but t seems when I try this they either get out of range or I just miss completely lol any suggestions on how to fix this? On another note about the probes I have been frilly replays and I would have to say last week building probes was my down fall so I have been focusing hard on building probes none stop and expanding whenever opportunity arise. And another thing I'm terrible with colo so I tend to a kid but it's such a good unit I just can never seem to get them under the right situations suggestions on when a good time to get them? Another thing swell is Protoss upgrades are they the same as Terran shield over attack? Or vise versatile if someone could break it down barny style for me that would be awesome

Downloads
      Uploads
      Game 2: Triple gateway @ 15 is not really .. cheese-y. Just unorthodox and not effective and flexible as going 2 gate. You guys had that game won easily when your partner had lings in base. Horrendous micro basically screwed him up. I also don't agree with your decision to 'cheese' which wasnt really cheesy because its just 3 gates past 12 and your partner was pretty standard. Not a 10 pool or anything I believe. The whole point of cheese to me, imo is to get units quickly. So the only cheese for protoss imo is getting 2gates @ 10. Zerg is either 6-10 pool. For toss getting a gate at/after 12 is not cheese. You just did a strong zealot push imo.

The decision to cheese I felt was ill-advised. When you scouted double terrans why would you bother to 'cheese'? They most likely have a wall off. And it would be tough to break without banelings. It was random luck that their army moved out when they did cause if they stayed on higher ground, you both would've gotten destroyed. You also need to stay on top of your macro. Like you get templar archives but you wait a while before you get storm. What was the point of getting templars without storm against MM? They literally had nothing but MM. You know blue had nothing but racks after your second attack. I think colossus would be a better response. So IMO it was mostly game/macro decisions that should be improved upon. Micro is fine considering there was not much to micro against. Well at the end PLEASE target fire the 40 scvs repairing that one siege tank lols. This will be fixed in the next patch where repairing scvs will have the same attack priority as the unit they are repairing but you have to do that at this pt lols.

Game 1: Hmm do you actually know the standard protoss build? You build a pylon @10. Sort of pylon blocks your next probe a bit. You could work on awareness a bit more lols. In both games I see you build things and like .. not use them for a while. Like your assimilator in game 1. It sits there for iono, half a minute. And then you should really chrono at 50 gas right away but you save up like 150+ before spending it...Your FE doesn't seem like a good idea. It's too early especially with a zerg on the opposing team. They can hit really fast.You had 4 units when they attacked. I think you should go for stronger one base play so that you can support your zerg partners expo. Cause they could've easily sniped the hatch instead of fighting your units.Work on those forcefields lols. 1 FF in the middle of their army really doesn't do anything lols. You don't need to send whole army to take out a crummy expo lols. Leave some at the front of their choke. You don't want them moving out without you knowing. You still don't grab storm but you have templars. How useless is that? That's like 600 gas sitting there and they haven o units that need to get feedback. That is what I mean when you guys got distracted by their expo, you let them move out, build 3 spinecrawlers at the natural expo's choke. You guys clearly had the choke if you just stayed there and not let them move out. 2 stalkers would've taken care of the random expo at 4 o'clock lols. Also, for your info, statistics wise, protoss shield is the worst upgrade to get lols. Against zerg I think you get attack so your zealots can two hit lings, if you don't it takes 3. Against terran I think you get +1 to armor first. Got to check the stats again but yeah attack and armor more impt than shields. Bad storms. I don't think storm damage stacks on top. You have to spread it.

Anyways, if I come off as too harsh or what not, I don't intend for that lols. Just telling you what I think you did wrong and what can be improved.
      Last edited by Sillierabbit; 12-16-2010 at 06:25 PM.