+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help dealing with cheese? This is for you!
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Need help dealing with cheese? This is for you!

'ello everybody, I have decided to start a thread to post replays of ways to counter common cheese strategies to help the lower level players beat them. I know when I was a silver player the dreaded VR rush got me in almost every game, but after learning how to beat it I rejoiced in my free wins. To kick it off, here is me (Terran, Plat/low diamond) against a very dtermined cheesing Protoss (plat at the time of this posting) who tried to double proxy gate + cannon rush me

Moderas TvP ridiculous cheese - Starcraft 2 Replays - Starcraft 2 Forum
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Indeed, really, a cheesy protoss. Well Countered! I couldn've done better. But, with a small troop of Marine, you could've destroyed his economy while he was concentrated on his cheesy strat.

DerKleBesTiF - 233 - (GMT-5)
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      *Moderas writes off the Pokemon Theme song*
      Moderas, you might lose moderator status with comments like that. hahahah =p

Downloads
      Uploads
      I dont know, with even 1 or 2 less marines I would have lost when storming the cannon. Marine DPS sales so exponentially that it is silly

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by DerKleBesTiF View Post
      Indeed, really, a cheesy protoss. Well Countered! I couldn've done better. But, with a small troop of Marine, you could've destroyed his economy while he was concentrated on his cheesy strat.
      Very well played. The only thing I can fault you for is building the supply depot out of range of your bunker after it got killed once :P.

Derkle sending marines out would've been a bad choice because that would mean less units protecting his own base and lets be honest the other guy was cheesing with all of his buildings in mod's base. If he stopped the cheese he won anyway there's no reason to do economic damage.

On a separate note how did this guy know you were cross positions. I watched his player cam and for all he knew he could've been 2 gating an empty base ... Is he psychic or what?
      Why my name is NightlyNews ---> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/slow-jam-the-news-jimmy-f_n_830759.html
      ID: Brian (1312)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by NightlyNews View Post
      Very well played. The only thing I can fault you for is building the supply depot out of range of your bunker after it got killed once :P.

Derkle sending marines out would've been a bad choice because that would mean less units protecting his own base and lets be honest the other guy was cheesing with all of his buildings in mod's base. If he stopped the cheese he won anyway there's no reason to do economic damage.

On a separate note how did this guy know you were cross positions. I watched his player cam and for all he knew he could've been 2 gating an empty base ... Is he psychic or what?
      You're right, but, what, if the 'Toss would have warped some Probe in the background? Like, 2 Zealots for 1 Probe. His income would've increase, meaning, more units or tech.

Downloads
      Uploads
      It wouldn't matter in this situation.

You would be right if he had done a 2 gate or korean 4 gate but he proxy gateway'd. So, if you kill his forces he loses all of his unit producing structures at least one pylon and in this case a forge. That's a good 500 minerals right there.

If his base is literally inside yours don't send forces out.

I really do like the two gate where you crono probes instead of zealots tho. It's a favorite strategy of mine. But, as I do it I know you can't crono probes and still protect your gates if you proxied.
      Last edited by NightlyNews; 12-05-2010 at 01:42 PM.

Downloads
      Uploads
      How did the protoss know where you are at? He went straight to your base on a 4 player map ?? This guy is such a cheeser, he zealot proxy and then cannon rush lOL! How to recover from cheese? more cheese ahhaa.

You did a really good job kiting with marines and good micro overall.

Downloads
      Uploads
      I saw the same thing. My only explanation is he is ballsy as hell or has map hax because he didn't even know he was proxying a base until Moderas' SCV scouted down there ...

Check his player view its bizarre.

Downloads
      Uploads
      I guess we have something here for Blizzard to check out, LOL.
      It's seriously weird. He didn't scout at all. He just went there then did his cheese cake.

Downloads
      Uploads
      That could explain why he said Woah when I killed him lol. Either way, I won, so I dont really care.