+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Seriously need help against turtling Terrans..
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Seriously need help against turtling Terrans..

Im still a frigging noob, but I just can't do anything against them.. I play zerg and zerg only xD

All they do.. is build like 10 missile turrets around each base combined with marine's guarding their entrance and camp like a mofo and LITERALLY will not do anything for the entire match until I make the first move

I block them from expanding.. yet they dont need to because they just turtle and No matter how many units i send through i just cant get to them

I just played like a 50 minute match, where the guy was restricted to 1 base ( after i destroyed his others ) and I just couldn't get near him with any of my units because his air and ground defence was too good.. tried to rush him with banelings they die before they reach his wall off...

I need some pro zerg players to give me some tips! I keep losing to turtling terran's over n over

Downloads
      Uploads
      just expand all over the map and macro, if your massed up then clearly you have the advantage. If you think you cant bust in try getting broodlords and ultras. He will die of starvation anyway if he is 1 base. Just prepare for what ever he is cooking inside his shell by scouting or sacrificing an overlord or overseer.
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

B.net ID: woreyour
      Code #: 180
      [both NA and SEA] (I wonder why it is same...)

"I'm so sexy, I sometimes romance myself..."

Downloads
      Uploads
      Hey man!

Welcome to the forums XD firstly, you can submit a replay of this happening to you? Thats just so we know exactly whats going on. However seeing as you are considering yourself noobish, I can probably give you a few pointers in general.

Have a general read of the strategy discussion forums and get what you can from it, general tips on macro can help greatly in any matchup! Anyway for terrans, if you think about it this way it might help:

> If he decides to turtle, He is dedicating himself to that one base, leaving you free to do whatever you want, so just macro the hell out of him. If you can have 5 bases before he pushes, you will have infinitely more resources than him, and the ability to reinforce a hell of a lot faster than him.

> If he decides to turtle, you will instantly know what he has, just sacrifice a couple of overlords, or changelings, or just run something to see whats in there. Then you can prepare to what he has, even if it means making 40 something spines cause you have the minerals and time.

And last but not least, if all else fails go MASS BANELINGS, nothing like 200 banelings with the auto building target ability activated that wont solve anything, with upgrades, and speed. But remember as zerg the only units you have that have the ability to bust down defences are:

> Banelings
      > Ultralisk
      > Broodlords

Most are T3 units, so macro, get a lot of em and bring the hurt to them, another big point is that if they are stuck in their base then they cant scout you! Make a big surprise and just play calmly.

And my biggest rule that I play by:

"There is nothing wrong with just macroing if you are not under imminent attack"

Well post a replay of your games where this happens, or jump on the vent server and add us ingame so we can help out, im sure a couple of us can turtle for you so you can try to break the wall down, but youll find the further you go along the less likely youll find people who do this.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      :S its hard to stop him from expanding because he building up troops aswell and if i put all my troops out front of his base doesn't that leave me vunerable to his flying unit atks?

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
      :S its hard to stop him from expanding because he building up troops aswell and if i put all my troops out front of his base doesn't that leave me vunerable to his flying unit atks?
      Yes its always a possibility, but thats what scouting is for, unfortunately it does take a while to get the hang of looking at the minimap and having effective scouting. Remember if you are macroing harder than him, and he has turtled and lots of units to help him expand, chances are he wont have much of anything else.

But if you are worried about them taking an expansion there are a few ways you can stop it:

> Have an overlord poop creep on the expansion, it may end up dying however but itll delay it for at least a minute, which is enough to counter attack the expansion back.

> Burrown a unit at the area so they cant build on it.

Anyway just send us a replay so we can give you specific help
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Upon first reading your post my reaction was similar to Flamga's: banes!

Since you said you tried that, a bit more depth (and alternative options) may be helpful. For one thing, be absolutely sure that he hasn't expanded; TurtleTerrans *love* to float an expo off to an island somewhere (e.g., the corners in Steppes). Assuming you have that taken care of, Flamga's advice of "build bases everywhere and get rich" is always a good plan. One thing that took me a while to get used to is the idea that when you're playing as Zerg, seeing the enemy turtle up is something you should be absolutely *thrilled* with, because it means you can expand with impunity. Once you see him locking himself down, you know he's either going to a) make a mass of mech, or b) sprint for air dominance. Either one you can plan for: mech you can overwhelm with superior numbers and mobility (with either ground or air, your preference really), and air is a simple matter of dropping a few spores/queens in your bases.

If he counterattacks while your army is away (say with banshees or medivac drops), yes, you're somewhat vulnerable, but you should have 5-6 bases at this point. Unless he drops with 200 units, it'll take him some time to work through your base, which gives you time to pull your army back or adjust accordingly. Never be afraid to sacrifice a base in order to gain the upper hand. If he's got a load of units blowing through your main, it means his base is largely undefended--send the banes in!

One last note: if you're getting into the 50 minute mark in a single game, you're well past the point where brood lords have become available. Two or three of those guarded by a swarm of mutas will wipe through a turreted island in no time.
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      If you encounter a turtle terran, just mass expand, like 2-3 times at least, tech to broodlords and mutalisk/corruptors (mutalisk for vikings, corruptors for cruisers if he gets cruisers). Grab air dominance and you'll win. Turtle terrans usually spend too much on defense and are slow to expand, so if you take several expansions quickly, you'll gain a huge lead and you'll be able to mass up and tech up at the same time. Broodlords will keep you at a safe attacking distance away. You can use them to clear some defenses and camp your main ground army a little ways back, and when the terran defenses fall, you can launch your main ground assault with broodlords for support.
      Fealorin.945
      http://uentv.blip.tv/
      www.ustream.tv/channel/theuen
      www.livestream.com/theuen

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisrichter69 View Post
      If you encounter a turtle terran, just mass expand, like 2-3 times at least, tech to broodlords and mutalisk/corruptors (mutalisk for vikings, corruptors for cruisers if he gets cruisers). Grab air dominance and you'll win. Turtle terrans usually spend too much on defense and are slow to expand, so if you take several expansions quickly, you'll gain a huge lead and you'll be able to mass up and tech up at the same time. Broodlords will keep you at a safe attacking distance away. You can use them to clear some defenses and camp your main ground army a little ways back, and when the terran defenses fall, you can launch your main ground assault with broodlords for support.
      You're perfectly right.

If you know that the guy is simply turtling himself, then, you can simply rip his head off by making FEW expensions, and then, have the advantage on his silly situation. Mass Hatcheries, create the more units, and then, win the shit out of it.

I mean, even if you lose units against him, you'll still be able to create more, not him. Brood Lordin' his turrets on the sides, droppin' Zerglings and Banelings, while attacking with Mutalisk at the same time, and, he's done. Turtling Terrans usualy have Thors, Marines, Tanks and Viking for "Flawless" defense ; But!!~~ ; A Turtling Terran is never flawless.

DerKleBesTiF - 233 - (GMT-5)
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      *Moderas writes off the Pokemon Theme song*
      Moderas, you might lose moderator status with comments like that. hahahah =p