+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Overmind Save the queen
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Overmind Save the queen

Hy folks :P. I am really bad playing zerg and I have a lot of questions but I consider a better idea dedicate separate posts for each one, due to their probably ahrd and extnsive evolving.

I usually use 4 or 5 hatcheries in a game, yet, I usually need the 4/5 queens to spam larvae in order to rebuild my army in attacks or defenses.

Yet, when I have 5 hatcheries, it's late in the game. and before, I used the queens in order to fast build my army. So when I should I use the hab to spread creep? Is it really usefull? i usually use fastlings to control paths of attack and run away. It atkes a lot of macro dedication and their are slow growing is it worth?

Thanks in advance for your opinion.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      You have so many questions o.O but thats cool I will try to answer them as bst as I can . Actually this overlaps with your ultra/hydra question as well. So here goes:

Firstly the importance of creep spread, im sure you know how much better zerg performs on the creep, the 30% speed increase is insane. You ask when to use creep tumors however, there are a couple options:

1- When you build your first queen, you are not going to need a larve burts straight away, you wont be able to spend all your resources, unless you are going for some early rush. Use your first 25 energy on a tumor! From then you can do larvae, and then use that tumor to spreda creep a bit, this is good early game defence and a must if you early expand.

2- Personally I build 2 queens regardless of whether I expand or not at the start, this allows me to dedicate one to creep spread, which I use 60% of the time if im not muta harassing. Then when the expansion goes down you already have that 2nd queen there
      Also you can always make an extra queen regardless, its only 150 minerals and creep is priceless when defending and reinforcing armies.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thanks a lot, for all this enlightment . I usually build a queen, and right after it I use the larvae so while the larvae are creating I create drones, when the larvae spawn those are used to create lings(until I reach 24 workers). Sometimes I create a queen, before an expansion, so I don't expend that much in merals so soon, an creat a bigger army (6 ling) with those 150, and spread the creep with that queen. Then it goes to the expansion. In fact, if my expansions are close to my main base, I build the queens there before the exp. and get them to use the creep while the abse is created, then I move them over the new base.

But, this speed increase, in group is not really usefull, it takes "attention" from the macro, and makes your army to go "faster" and ahead of your team mates, and since I'm not a "follow" guy I hape to move them prety much and takes a lot of micro to keep them at pace of the others armies.

Downloads
      Uploads
      I'm not sure what you mean by making your units run ahead of each other. It gives all zerg units a speed boost so it's not like your lings will be any further up than your roaches if you didn't have creep there ...

Maybe I misunderstood :P

I think creep spreading beyond your furthest base is a little unnecessary, great if you can do it, but your enemy will probably have detection and push it back. Creep between your own bases however is just needed because as zerg you really wanna capitalize on your ability to be in an offensive position and still be able to retreat and defend drops/ counterattacks.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Sorry if I wasn't clear explaining the situation. What I meant is that my units, are already faster that protoss or terran, with creep this boost gets increased, which in team games doesn't seem good. Since you want to go al the armies together to be more solid. and in order to do it will require a lot of micro for going to to the same place as them at the same pace.
      Last edited by Lemanruss; 11-26-2010 at 05:27 AM.

Downloads
      Uploads
      it is really okay when u have creep for you to move fast in the map. (which in any situation is advantageous)
      if your concern is that your army will get ahead of your allies - i suggest you control your units properly. It is not result of you spreading creep.. it is you that needs to do the contolling of your units and keep the pace with your allies. Normally lings are really faster than zealots and marines so its a matter of unit control for your problem.
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

B.net ID: woreyour
      Code #: 180
      [both NA and SEA] (I wonder why it is same...)

"I'm so sexy, I sometimes romance myself..."