+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: how to be a good ghost, keep hidden
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

how to be a good ghost, keep hidden

You DO really need factory in order to build the nukes, but that's something I use with other purposes.

The interesting about ghosts and terrans is:
      Terrans can build it anywhere (not like zerg) so build it far from your mainbase, I usuaklly do it at he "corners" of the starting "island" so if the use radar they won't see it(usually people at the beginning use terran radar on ramps, and over main base so stay far from it). and they will think you are going only M&M and they wonīt have turrets, since they are not seeing starports or factorys. factorys can be used to upgrades and marauders , so it's a way to mischieve the oponent. and get FULL Benefit from the ghost.

Other important fact is that if itīs far from main base you can use it control minimap, get vision, many people do it with supply depots. I do it with non mobile structures(fusion core, engeneering bay, sensor, armory,or ghost academy). the advantage of using this structures to have minimap control is that getting those destroyed is not a main concern usually (unless you are massing ghosts or BC for some freak army). while loosing supply depots means loose of resources and it can sometimes decimate and delay your army number.

the reason why I wait until the game beign advanced to build nukes is:
      -They are "expensive" and take long to deploy.
      -After launching the first a screen message warns you "nuclear launch detected" and , in case this wasn't enogh, a sexy voice warns you as well.) So as long as you don't use it, they will now what happen, but if you attack an expansion they may loose a few mins wandering, and may be think is was some medevac deploy, or hellions.....

So the advantages can be summed up in: map control, unexpected for the enemy, and not great impact on main army.

Have to love ghosts
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      nerf ghost!

Downloads
      Uploads
      How to use ghosts:

EMP it's the best spell in the game.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Yup, thatīs right and it can be used with terran bases(ot aleast it used to, when I played terran). And it can itīs great for toss cannon, mothership, carriers and killing colossus. and the best is that`s free, no reserach .use it on abase before a nuke.... __

Downloads
      Uploads
      I like the idea of building your tech like factory and ghost academy some where hidden. The surprise factor is pretty big!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Good point on not putting houses on the edge. I love those free destroys =)

And yes, EMP is one hell of a spell. Still, infested terrans are my #1. =D
      CESTQUOICA [919 US] (Name changed)

Downloads
      Uploads
      And dont forget snipe against zerg, its the most aggrivating ability >.< especially against ultras or your workers.... :'(
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      I always wondered if snipe was of any use with ultras, since ultras have so much life. At the times I found ultras is because the game is close tot he end, and 4 ghost with snipe against 6 ultras or so....didnīt really meant a lot. But the truth is that I never tryed, because it seemed a way to loose energy and little return.