+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Double Foxer Rush Defense
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Double Foxer Rush Defense

Here's a game in 2v's where I get double foxer rushed (2 rax rines with scvs while mules keep their economy alive).

I do decent holding it off, but afterwards have no probes. The problem is even if I had scouted this I wouldn't have known to go banes earlier because it probably wouldn't pop quick enough and theres no way I can no they are sending their scvs with their rines.

It just seems wicked strong in 2v2's especially against a zerg. Even if I knew they were going going foxer rush it woulda been a bitch to stop.

What woulda you done in my situation?

TT v. TZ Double Foxer Rush - Starcraft 2 Replays - Starcraft 2 Forum
      Last edited by NightlyNews; 11-17-2010 at 11:39 PM.
      Why my name is NightlyNews ---> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/slow-jam-the-news-jimmy-f_n_830759.html
      ID: Brian (1312)

Downloads
      Uploads
      The main things is to get a spinecrawler down ASAP. a Crawler+queen combo will make it a bitch for him to try to touch your drones. The other things is you will need to micro your lings. You can not let your lings attacks SCV's, they will be getting themselves killed for nothing. Use the creep to duck in and out of the fight getting a surround on marines whenever possible. Defending this alone against 2 players will be hard and maybe impossible, and you will have to pull at least half of your workers to help surround, but if your teammate helps it shouldnt be too bad once you ignore the SCV's.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Your job is to try and live as long as possible - you will most likely die

Your partner's job - do a timing counter attack that will destroy the enemy

Foxer rush hurts the terran economy by quite a bit, therefore your enemy is way behind. Your partner in the other hand in untouched, therefore if he macros well he should be waaaay ahead. Depending on what race your partner is he is going to have to do a timing attack that will decide the game.

There isn't much you can do as you're put in a 2v1 situation since the opponents sacrificed economy to do such an early coordinated attack. Just try to hold off as long as you can to give your partner time.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Are you truly getting "FoxeR Rushed" or are your opponents just a-moving scv's with a few marines? Because if you are playing anyone who micros even 1/5th as good as FoxeR I guarantee you are getting just straight up out played. Im confident that FoxeR could take any 2 members of the UEN at the same time in a 2v1 lol

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Every foxer marine is actually a viking, impossible to kill early game.

Downloads
      Uploads
      haha yea I called them out for being foxer wannabes but they didn't actually have the micro for it to be called a foxer rush.

The fact that they knew what I was talking about does mean they got the idea from him tho.

Downloads
      Uploads
      True. Just try to get a surround on the marines. Marines are awful against lings without large numbers or good micro.

Downloads
      Uploads
      i'm not really contributing here sorry but seems the question was answerd anyhow
      a friend sent me this and i though i'd share ^^

McWill 243 - EU

Downloads
      Uploads
      Lol at inception.

When would a game with Foxer ever allow a zerg to get to infester tech.

Downloads
      Uploads
      I love that picture lol