+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Starcraft 2: Expand Timing - when to put up an expansion
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads
      i am seeing a lot of 1 gate with cybernetics expo for Protoss nowadays.. its that viable? what are your thoughts about it?
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

B.net ID: woreyour
      Code #: 180
      [both NA and SEA] (I wonder why it is same...)

"I'm so sexy, I sometimes romance myself..."

Downloads
      Uploads
      Viable? sure. It is a very early expo and you get a stalker or two so something stupid like reapers or a quick hellion wont kill your entire worker line. I would not count that expand timing as safe Vs. Terran or a non-hatch first Zerg though. Even a 14 pool zerg could overwhelm your 1 or 2 units with lings before your 2nd/3rd gates finish and forget about defending a good 2 rax push.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      ultimately i think 'safe' depends on how confident you are with the match-up, map and your own micro, i'm finding that i can get away with expanding faster and faster as my micro (slowly) improves. at my personal level i'd say 1gate core FE is good for terran and toss but scary against zerg xD i dare not try it unless i'm sure he'll tech because as moderas said, lings can easily overwhelm you.
      day9 claims that protoss can early expand against terran and hold off everything, i believe him but my micro sucks so i can't hold a 3rax
      pretty sure its fine in pvp. early game protoss is awful on any medium size or larger map in my opinion, i think you can go nexus first and hold off anything but a 2gate proxy...

McWill 243 - EU

Downloads
      Uploads
      You can get away with various Nexus first builds in PvZ on certain maps, namely Scrap Station, Jungle Basin, and Shakuras Plateau, even if your Zerg opponent goes 14 pool first.

9 pylon
      15 nexus
      15 forge
      Cannon when the forge finishes.