+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Need help making a new Zerg build(Queen+Roach)
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Need help making a new Zerg build(Queen+Roach)

Well ive been thinking, the old hydra+roach build, good but costly.
      I looked at queens and noticed hey only 50 more minerals and you cover air and you dont have to upgrade to a lair right away.

So i use the idra economy build of 14 hatch 14 pool right now but im still looking for a better way since i know there could be.
      Pretty much at 10 minute mark you have 8 queen and 20+ roaches with liar.
      Im thinking hmmm.. Nydus worm into base drop some quick creep drops
      but you can also quick creep spread with those X amount queens at the beggining.

That you can pretty tank-heal-roach all the way, ive had a practise game vs my friend where 1 roach almost took on 1 colossus due to the heals from the queens.
      or the first skrimish vs sentries+stalkers i only lost 2 roaches compared to his entire army(about same equal army value)

i think this could have some great potential on small maps or using it as a defence on bigger maps while you spread creep. Easy transition into Mutalisks and so forth.

so right now is just use thr 14H/14SP Fast expand build since were def going to need 2 hatches running at the same time to do this.
      Just beggining-midgame kinda falls apart since Im not super experianced either.

Downloads
      Uploads
      This could have potential if
      1.) You have very high APM because this will be a very micro intensive build when you get into a battle. All that heal spray can be hard to micro.
      2.) You already had a path of creep for your queens to move.
      3.) You have enough hatches to pump out enough queens fast enough.
      4.) You want to make a good LoL game.
      Fealorin.945
      http://uentv.blip.tv/
      www.ustream.tv/channel/theuen
      www.livestream.com/theuen

Downloads
      Uploads
      You would need like 5 hatcheries to produce queens at a decent rate, plus this build doesnt use very much gas so you are using maybe 1 of your 4 possible geysers. I would suggest grabbing 2-3 of them and teching sooner.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Watch for banelings on your queens ^^

Btw, this is a cheese build. Lots of things can make it go wrong.
      CESTQUOICA [919 US] (Name changed)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Well ive done similar things here, but with queens, lings and spine crawlers pushing up, (you can add spores as well) use 1 geyser for gas, and you only need 2 hatches to get lots of queens honestly, early game you should be working on droning and harass, yes it does work if you pull it off but the idea is not to let them mass units.

yes this would work with roaches, but queens are already tanks with more health, make them take the damage and build speedlings! That way you can surround them and let the queens damage them, also its harder to micro transfusion on roaches than other queens, plus queens also have more armor and health ^^.

Show us a replay to show us how the mechanics work though as ive seen similar and they work wonders if done properly.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!