Thread: SC2 Build Order/Training Simulator
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

SC2 Build Order/Training Simulator

From Engineering a New Build Order:
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisrichter69 View Post
      So, I was doing the Opening Gambit challenge for Wispeel, and it occured to me:
      Why not make a custom map specifically designed for testing build orders?
      Kind of like a SC2 Build Order Simulator.
      The idea is that the player will be able to choose from a menu of scenarios of which he can test his build order against.
      For example:
      If some one wants to test a certain build order against a stalker push, the player at the beginning of the game will choose Scenario>Stalker Push; and the map will spawn stalkers at the appropriate time that a stalker push usually comes.
      I was thinking that maybe we could do build orders vs build orders; like testing your build order against a 4 gate, fast expand, 10 pool, 6 pool, etc etc.

If I want to make this simulator a success, I will need everyone's help, mostly from higher level players, on different build orders, build order timings, timing pushes, etc etc, to make it realistic as possible. Please let me know if you would be interested in helping me with this.
      My brother and I have begun work on this SC2 Build Order/Training Simulator. The purpose of these simulators will be for making and testing new build orders against most common plays. It is to simulate as realistic as possible of how people actually play in league matches. Sure we can match ourselves up against an AI computer in a custom game, but the AI doesn't do things like banshee rush, 4 gate push, all-in marine rush, scv/probe/drone rush, etc etc.

We are going to try to make this as realistic as possible with as many AI build orders and pushes as we can program into the maps. You will be able to choose an enemy race, choose his opening build order, mid game transition, and end game transition. We are going put try to make everything as accurate and precise as possible with timing and structure placement to maximize effectiveness of the AI so that it will be like you are playing against a high level Diamond player.

I want people to be able to practice with these simulators for training and future build order designing and testing. We will try to update these simulators as much as possible with patch updates to battle.net.

Unfortunately I will have to wait for our "Build Orders" section comes out so I can take some of those build orders and put them in these simulators. I will need further research on all commonly used build orders and transitions so that it can be a flexible and thorough simulator.

If you would like to contribute, please feel free to post a build order/transition here that I can use for all races.
      Fealorin.945
      http://uentv.blip.tv/
      www.ustream.tv/channel/theuen
      www.livestream.com/theuen

Downloads
      Uploads
      WOW this looks great, i could imagine getting owned by protoss ai going for a mothership rush!
      Lol we could learn the true ways :P
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      BO for protoss
      2 gate zealot rush.
      9 Pylon, 10gate, 12gate
      14 pylon,
      Chrono out zels
      GMT +9.5

Downloads
      Uploads
      Can you trigger the AI to proxy? Not sure how in depth the SC editor goes.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Yea this sort of thing already exists in custom games, called YABOT and its a build order tester that will list your build you want to do, and the ai will follow what build you want it to do etc, dont know how in depth it is so go for it maybe you can come up with a better alternative ^^
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thanks IceCraft for the toss b/o.

My goal is to make the most extensive and intensive build order/training simulator possible. Yes you can make AI proxy a pylon or proxy a barracks, etc etc. My brother and I will be making a map for every league map there is on Battle.net. It's specific goal is to develop lower level players into pros without having to play real league games and without having to run around searching for people to practice with.
      We will also be implementing a Build Order Log that will keep track of your minerals, gas, supply, and when you build something. We will appreciate as much input as possible.

Thanks everyone!
      Fealorin.945

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by IceCraft View Post
      BO for protoss
      2 gate zealot rush.
      9 Pylon, 10gate, 12gate
      14 pylon,
      Chrono out zels
      Is this a 1 base ALL-in?
      Can there be a mid-game transition to it?
      -If so, what kind of mid-game transitions are there open from this build?
      -What End game transitions can you make?

Information like this would be very helpful, thanks.
      Fealorin.945

Downloads
      Uploads
      I have to play using this build order a few times to remember it, if and when i do, i will finish the BO
      GMT +9.5

Downloads
      Uploads
      awesome idea dude!

i think the only problem will be is that AI micro is terrible, but none the less! this is a great idea for people who want to get an idea of the timings and unit count for given times.

Downloads
      Uploads
      wow great idea! FTW!

it would really help timing and even the AI's unit handling is bad it would help estimate the number of units a player can face on a rush.. Also is there a way to may the AI priorities killing workers 1st? or pylons 1st? that would also help it's micro I think..

will u add my cheese zealot+cannon rush? lol with transition to midgame to void ray rush or expo
      9-prob
      10-Gateway
      12-forge
      (for small maps, FE's and terrans?)

Also maybe icecraft's BO can transistion to an expo or void ray rush because zealots are not gas units.. (just an idea) LOL
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

B.net ID: woreyour
      Code #: 180
      [both NA and SEA] (I wonder why it is same...)

"I'm so sexy, I sometimes romance myself..."