+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: want some help please
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

want some help please

i am doing a bc, tank, and marine push at about 10 to 12 min, i have one to two bc's 4-6 tanks and a doezen or so marines. my current BO is 9-10 depot, 11 gas, 12 rax, 14 fax and second gas,orbital command, 16-18 starport, then siege tech and i build units till the 10 to 12 min window then attack with 3 scv's in the group repairing. now here is my question, how can i streamline this BO more?, what is good companion units for this build both toss and zerg?,how or should i try to push sooner?, i seem to get screwed by dt, cloaking etc, how do i prepare for that? where should i get detection in my current BO? and when should i expand? cuz i have plenty of min but sometimes get gas locked? would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this and any and all BO and strats for multi-race team games.

Downloads
      Uploads
      you must give up on this build because it's too slow to be viable.
      to get BC's and tanks you need an expansion.

If you're not just trolling and really want to USE BC's in game, i would suggest getting a command center after you make your first tank and research siege mode. Make sure to pump marines constantly out of your barrack to hold off initial attacks. Once you have siege researching,

siege up and bunker the front of your expo and exand (make orbital command for mules). Get double refinery on your expo right away and pump battle cruisers. get a starport as you're expanding (keep pumping tanks and marines)
      then get your battle cruisers.

You will get much better results. Still not a solid strategy but definately words better than 1 basing while making tanks and BC.

Downloads
      Uploads
      One of the coolest part of SC2 is that there is no one BO or strategy that dominates all other strategies like command and conquer. That means you need to adapt to the enemy instead of doing whatever you are doing. Instead of going for a unit composition that you like, you should really find out what the enemy is doing and counter his units. Like a chess game. I would not recommend this build order under any circumstance. A BO is suppose to get you started with an advantage of some sort throughout early and mid game. If you are getting BCs, it should have a purpose, maybe the enemy is massing hydras or stalkers.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Agreed, one way to figure out if you have the money is to always be making workers and supply, and if you cant keep makign them with whatever else you want to make, then you wont be playing efficiently. But as a general rule T3 units need at least 2 bases to maintain constant production, assuming your making more than just it, ideally I would want to be on three bases as Zerg but i suppose for terrans its different with those damned mules! grr lol
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!