Thread: Switching to Protoss, and starting to venture into the leagues
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads
      Yep its correct:

LanEvoIII #988
      LanEvoIII #988

Feel free to add me though I have not played multiplayer yet and I have not been placed yet. I will play my placement matches after my college studies (almost done).

Downloads
      Uploads
      Protoss is a great race to learn macro on because in a general sense their units require the least micro (if you a-move with a protoss army you will generally fair better than doing the same with a zerg or terran army).

Don't be discouraged from using 4-gate either it's not as all in as some players would have you believe.

Downloads
      Uploads
      4 gate is very all in, but it is pretty much guaranteed to cause more economic damage to your opponent than you take. Especially if you expand behind it.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Don't focus on build order, that comes as second nature after you master the fundamentals.
      1. never stop making probes
      2. never get supply blocked
      3. keep your money low (as close to 0 as much as you can really, by this i mean as soon as you get your 100 crystal, make your pylon, as soon s you get 150 make your gateway) keep your build tight
      4. don't cue units

To accomplish this, you will have to get used to all the hotkeys, otherwise you will be too slow to keep up after mid game.

I suggest you choose either Grid or Standard hotkey and decide which one fits you best.

Forget about build orders like 2 gate 2 robo and all that other crap. That stuff doesen't matter nearly as much as fundamentals.
      Alot of people spit out build orders but they are all meaningless unless you can execute the builds properly, and the only way to execute them properly is by having strong fundamentals.

I would say you will be working on fundamentals until you're diamond, and even then alot of lower diamonds have poor fundamentals.

Trust me, get your fundamentals / hotkeys done, and anyone can spit out a build order and you will be able to execute it well. You wouldn't even need to know what food count you need to make the building.

The term 9pylon, 12 gateway comes from constantly building probes and keeping your money at a minimum while trying to build a gateway.
      In other words, the build came from having crisp fundamentals and tigh build order.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Managed to increase my average probe after match count from 30 to 45 at two bases, not much but I am getting there. And remembering to construct some pylons, still getting psi locked from time to time but not as frequent as before. I would like to thank everyone for their inputs.
      LanEvoIII #988

Feel free to add me though I have not played multiplayer yet and I have not been placed yet. I will play my placement matches after my college studies (almost done).

Downloads
      Uploads
      Heres another way to use pylons other then stopping supply block, spread it over your base so that the matrix (area to build in)
      Covers your whole base, once you have extra minerals, and also pylon on production buildings to support them, so if 1 goes down it is still powered.
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thanks, I just posted a replay "newbie protoss practice 1"
      LanEvoIII #988