+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft 2 TvZ 1.12 Strategy
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads
      I love FE builds. Of course im also not a high level Terran by any means :P
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
      Would you high-level terrans recommend a FE into MMM or 4 / 5 rax MM transition into expansion and MMM?

I personally am favouring the 2nd -- I feel most comfortable when I pressure early and then keep the pressure on.
      It depends on what you are comfortable with. You might want to try a Morrow style build where you 1 rax FE, then spam barracks to pump fast marines to stay alive and then go from there into any unit composition you want.

Day[9] Daily #101 - Kawaii Rice TvP Style

I personally like Fast Expand builds.
      As I always say:
      Always pressure, expand forever.
      Fealorin.945
      http://uentv.blip.tv/
      www.ustream.tv/channel/theuen
      www.livestream.com/theuen

Downloads
      Uploads
      I think you terrans are not completely getting his strategy. Yes, stim is better against a zerg with lings and banelings on creep and more damage and all of that, but if a zerg does a FE, he isn't going to have all of that in the guys first push in the strat. He will probably have some lings but not lings with speed, and not much creep spread yet. I think the purpose of the first pushes is to force him to either get more lings or go roaches instead of droning up, if he goes lingsthe increased rine health will help with the earlier pushes, along with concussive shell if the zerg gets roaches. Then later on once you get a bigger force and the zerg has a bigger force plus ling/speed and banelings, you should have stim to counteract that and defeat him
      slowbadon.139 add me

Downloads
      Uploads
      But if you have stim from the get-go, you pretty much double your dps for a short while, you can stomp any small force the zerg has and then you can stim again to kill the expo hatchary. Stimpacks will ensure that the hatchery goes down in a good and timely manner. So what if the marines and marauders die? You took down the hatch and now the zerg player is behind.
      Fealorin.945

Downloads
      Uploads
      If you have stim from the get go, you'll be more tempted to sacrifice your units in order to try and take out any spine crawlers or the hatchery, when you can wait and do some harass until later when you closer to a critical mass of units and can just take out the army with that push
      slowbadon.139 add me

Downloads
      Uploads
      I push initially with 3 marines and 4 on the way. That's around the 4:30 minute mark.. However, you have to scout well... Stim won't be available at this moment.. This is just a feint.

If they don't FE and go 7 roach rush, you must pull back.. make a couple of bunkers..get some scvs to repair your wall and get your marauders out quickly. Once those 7 roaches are killed, immediately, put your marauders up front with marines and counter hard.. pump maruaders - keep them in front and make him pay.

You should be able to counter... get a decent force into his base while expanding.. Stim should become available on arrival at the base.
      MavRCK
      NA Server
      (Character code changes when you change names - check it!)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by slowbadon View Post
      If you have stim from the get go, you'll be more tempted to sacrifice your units in order to try and take out any spine crawlers or the hatchery, when you can wait and do some harass until later when you closer to a critical mass of units and can just take out the army with that push
      i don't even understand your logic.
      so if you get stim, you're more likely to make an error because you are more tempted to sacrifice your units?

if you get stim you will be able to kill the spine crawlers and their units faster and take less damage (because you killed them so fast).

furthermore, if you wait for this "critical mass" (i don't even know when this critical mass is on this case because there's no such thing in this strat) you will give the zerg time to build an even larger army. and guess what? zerg will make a way bigger army because they have twice your economy.

pls stop arguing the shield and concussive shells over stim. just accept that stim is the better choice... it's really hard to argue going shield and concussive shells first because it's crap compared to stim. You really don't have to think much about it either.

Downloads
      Uploads
      For the person who asked if Fast Expand to Mass barracks or barracks into fast expand is better, well the answer is it depends.

You can only 1 rack fast expand if:

1. you're against another terran
      2. you're against a zerg that's going hatch before pool

Otherwise I woldn't go 1 rack command center as it is too risky. You might get away with it if your enemy is too passive, but you have to always assume that your enemy is good.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Banderes View Post
      For the person who asked if Fast Expand to Mass barracks or barracks into fast expand is better, well the answer is it depends.

You can only 1 rack fast expand if:

1. you're against another terran
      2. you're against a zerg that's going hatch before pool

Otherwise I woldn't go 1 rack command center as it is too risky. You might get away with it if your enemy is too passive, but you have to always assume that your enemy is good.
      I strongly beg to differ. Watch this video AGAIN (because I posted it earlier) and decide for yourself:

Day[9] Daily #101 - Kawaii Rice TvP Style

1 Rax Expanding is far from risky. If you throw down a few more barracks after your CC, you can pump enough marines to stay alive and then you will be economically ahead if an opponent is going 1 base all in. If your opponent fast expands, you can scout that being done and you won't have to spam marines to stay alive, you can work on your economy, which if you got 2 orbital commands, it's very hard to beat economically. 1 Rax FE is almost a win win build.
      Fealorin.945

Downloads
      Uploads
      Stim gives you a dps advantage. Shield gives you a hp buffer to survive longer. If you micro well you can keep more of your marines and that gives better dps - over a longer period of time - using EITHER. =)
      MavRCK
      NA Server
      (Character code changes when you change names - check it!)