+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Strategy Videos do you want to see next?
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

What Strategy Videos do you want to see next?

So, what strategy are you guys most interested in? OMZ and I are going to do one on the latest strategies of SC2, Here is our list of Terran strategies and Zerg strategies we already have. Maybe from the GSL? Double marine overlord harassment? hahaha

Here is a list of strategies off of my head.
      • Mid game Thor Pushes with SCV repair.
      • Marine against baneling spread.
      • Two port banshee rush.
      • 2 marine Overlord harssment lol.
      • 7 roach opener
      Not sure what OMZ thinks

Discuss and why
      Last edited by SCVrush; 11-03-2010 at 03:43 PM.

Downloads
      Uploads
      More protoss build orders

How about managing attacks on multiple fronts? I find it's really effective as a Zerg to harass the main (via mutas or some such) to create a distraction and then smash in the front end with my ground army. However, it's obviously difficult to split my attention in both directions as well as maintaining production back home. Any tips on when one can "ignore" your own attack to focus back on the base for a few minutes to drone, tech, etc? Every time I try to harass and glance away for a second or two, I discover something rolled in and wiped out both armies due to poor micro.
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      I agree, more protoss as we dont have a protoss dedicated player for strategies atm, however youse could still deal with what works well vs terran and zerg, as youll know that from personal experience :P

and I also agree with the double harass as zerg, as it is extremely effective if you pull it off, im getting there myself but it would be nice for a professional opinion :P

Im also working on one OMZ wanted to see my infestor rush opening v terran (and zerg but im still working on it) but its stilla ways off as im refining it still, however i think thatll give yo a list to work with.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      I have a few.
      - How to effectively use void rays.
      - How to leap frog your siege tanks.
      - How to effectively use sentries to deny your opponent access to your base.
      - How to effectively use sentries to divide terran armies.
      - How to use the magic muta box.
      - How to effectively use ghosts vs protoss.
      - How to effectively hellion harass.
      - Maybe add the Ketroc Fortress Fast Expand build to the list of Terran build orders?
      - Perfect windows to make a timing push
      - How to kite battle cruisers with vikings/void rays.
      - Maybe add the Morrow fast expand build?
      - Guide for "when to expand, when to push"
      - How to effectively strengthen your mid game and end game with a supportive economy
      - Guide on how to beat all the challenges on gold?

These are just some ideas? I can help make most of these videos, as I will be making my own video blog on youtube.
      I was wondering, what programs do you use for video making? Fraps? What do you use to compress the videos? What codecs do you use? What compression? What resolution?
      Fealorin.945
      http://uentv.blip.tv/
      www.ustream.tv/channel/theuen
      www.livestream.com/theuen

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisrichter69 View Post
      I have a few.
      - How to effectively use sentries to divide terran armies.
      - How to use the magic muta box.
      - How to effectively strengthen your mid game and end game with a supportive economy
      Yes yes yes. The "Magic Box" issue is something I completely forgot about; I believe I have a handle on how to manage it once the mutas are spread properly, but it'd still be nice to have a video demonstrating how it's done. I suppose that's a quick YouTube search away anyway, but it should be *our* video!

Regarding sentries, perhaps effective hallucination use would be another good one. I also wouldn't mind a tutorial on dealing with fast hellion harass as zerg; that rush remains one of my bigger weaknesses as no matter how I defense it, I end up losing too much mining time for me to be satisfied. Meanwhile I know my opponent is sitting pretty, churning out SCVs.
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      Hey SCVrush, first of all i love how you and OMZ work together in 2v2's, especially his muta harass that allows you to build up your army. I would love to see a 2v2 with you and OMZ where he switches it up to perhaps hydras or some kind of ground composition for a different type of gameplay. Keep up the great work!

My first post btw, woot woot!!
      Also, not to be off topic, but there is an extra v in my name. Anyway i can fix this? Maybe an admin can delete my profile so i can remake it? I can't stand it, lol. Thanks.

Downloads
      Uploads

would be cool to see

is it possible to lock an army in with sentry force fields and then baneling it or nuke it? and any other multi race combos etc...

Downloads
      Uploads
      Smagee- to do magic box you just set your mutas to move behind the Thor and then once they are directly over it press stop.

IDev- I'll see what I can do
      Edit: As a Mod I dont have the power to change names, I messaged SCVRush on skype to see if that was something he could do but I may or may not get an answer right away.
      Last edited by Moderas; 11-03-2010 at 08:47 PM.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Spine crawler placement. When a push is coming (say, post-8 or 10 minutes), how do I arrange my spines to compensate? My typical reaction is to put them (say, three) right at the edge of creep. But what placement is right?
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads

mutli race combos please

this goes out to SCVrush and OMG what about a terran reactor army with extra medivacs and a zerg roach, hydra? using the medivacs to heal the zerg units too. also any other terran zerg race combos you can use as a team.