+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: teams, teams, and more teams!
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

teams, teams, and more teams!

i have a group and we play as a team one is terran(me) one is zerg and the other is protoss. now here is my question: for all of you who play team games is there any advantages to a team being one of each race? would having the full set of units available make a difference in games?what would be the best over all build order as a team?how would a one race only team compare? or other combination's?looking for peoples thoughts on teams of three and any strats for a team with one of each

Downloads
      Uploads
      Okay so the best way to look at this is when you want to finish your team games (time)
      Early game protoss can dble gate push, zerg can early pool or roach, terran can mass marines
      Late game depends on who you let tech while the other players keep the pressure,
      Protoss could get collossi, zerg could get ultra, terran could get thor. Adjust your play order against your opponents

If your taem goes 1 race, say terran for example, its easy to do a mass marine push like SCVRush did and easily win.
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      i'd never really gave this much though but i would say yes. you can combine strategy's' pretty effectively if you have 1 of each race.
      I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect build order (everything can be countered.) i'm probably not answering your question here. but they are some little things that can add up to make a big difference imo. when i play team battles with friends i like to play it so we support each other rather than just playing it as a 1v1 with some extra people.
      sticking to terran as its what you play, Chargelots/ultralisks with medivacs never die, they never die xD a mothership with scv's repairing it is one of the most destructive things i've ever seen in sc2.

i've not tried all of these but i dont know why they wouldn't work, (will try later) repair allied buildings and armoured units like colossi. scanning areas to ninja in a nydus worm if you cant get sight any other way. or you could use it for blink, but thats a pretty costly way to do it (reapers instead maybe?). we used a burrowed zerg unit to call down a nuke once which was amusing ^^ etc. etc.
      i'm a fan of just experimenting with wacky stuff, some of it works better than you'd expect

McWill 243 - EU

Downloads
      Uploads

keep em comming

i like the idea of a mother ship or other big protoss unit being repaired with scv's, and the healing of zealots and zerg units with a medivac. another would be sentry's using their shield for marines, or boxing in an army and blow them up with banelings or a nuke? havent tried any of these yet but they sound intresting, lets keep this thread going and see that cool multiplayer strats we can cook up.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Immortal timing push with scvs and 3 rax rines seems like a good idea to me.

I'll try it out sometime. Essentially its just a thor rush with scv repairing, but you could get an immortal a good minute or two before a thor.
      Why my name is NightlyNews ---> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/slow-jam-the-news-jimmy-f_n_830759.html
      ID: Brian (1312)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Here's what Day9 has to say about team games, particularly 2v2:

Day[9] Daily #210 - Newbie Tuesday: 2v2 Strategy

I must say, I have to agree with him most of the time.
      Fealorin.945
      http://uentv.blip.tv/
      www.ustream.tv/channel/theuen
      www.livestream.com/theuen

Downloads
      Uploads
      i play mostly 2v2, always as toss, my usual teammate is zerg. we have a tactic that ppl have an extremely hard time countering. if we survive early pushes (basically only thing giving us a hard time is double 4gate), zerg goes early mutas and uses them to harass and scout. in the meantime, i mass zealots, give them the charge upgrade and slowly research ground unit upgrades. now based on how the opponents play, i either take immortals or collosi with me and literally obliterate anything that's on the ground, while my teammate covers the air. playing like this won us several battles vs diamond 2v2 players.

Downloads
      Uploads
      My favourite 2v2 strat is proxy rax rush, similar to SCVRush's strat. I haven't lost with it yet.
      Me and my team-mate (sometimes he play Z, in which case he just 6 pools and hits from the front) always just rush for basic units because we're only in silver league, and 2v2 at that level is almost all rushes. This prevents lot rushes by killing one player like 3 minutes into the game.
      The BO is just 9 depot, 10 double rax, 11 depot, then just keep pumping marines and scv's. On maps where it's possible i lift the rax into the opponent's base, behind the mineral line.
      coolsmelly, number coming soon (as soon as I check it)