+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: multiplayer madness
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

multiplayer madness

i am often irritated with multiplayer games where your ally suddenly gets dropped (IE lags out),i am confused on how to proceed,should i try to manage their old base and mine? Would it be better to just focus on my own army? should i use the other player for just economy, or send all their units in to attack? i have tried a few things and for the most part i loose the match, would it be wiser to just take my loss and move on to another game or stick to it and try to win? And conversely what would be the best advice for your opponent loosing a teammate in the same way? attack them immediately? macro up and then attack? have one or more of your allies do all or some of the above? i would love to hear and see anyone's thoughts on this.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Well depending on what level player you are you can try various things, if you are good at micro, build with both bases, mine with both bases is always good as you get 2x the money, macroing with both bases can also help.
      Only do this if you are good with micro/macro
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Well there are a few things you can do:

> Use your players base to mine for you and get extra minerals for a fast push, anything longer than 8-10 mins you will lose as you wont be able to macro 2 bases effectively

> Push on your opponents dropped base and kill it quick to stop his extra minerals.

> Play with us :P cause we dont drop >.< add any of us anytime
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      I've had good results with just using the other player as a fast expander and hard droning. While I just teched to mutas and finally broods.

I only built from the other players base when I could use a unit he had already teched to. I don't have the macro to control two bases so I just made his base macro and mine tech/micro.

Downloads
      Uploads
      This happened to me last night, my team-mate dropped and gg'd, but I knew I had enough of an army to push out, and even defend, because the opponents were going cheesy harass all game.
      We were both toss, and my teammate was using a really weird mix of units while I massed stalkers and sentries. All I did was push with both mine and his army, forced one player to gg and drop, then me and the other player duked it out for another 15 minutes after that.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Bleh that sux, yeah I would just go for a really hardcore 5 gate push, i beat two people and it was really really easy.
      Starcraft II is not all about winning, its about winning in style. HyPeRiOnMeta/ 635

Downloads
      Uploads
      I've been in this position many times and still won. If you are mixed race, this can be excellent as now you can make a variety of units to get great unit composition and you now have a unified strong economy. If you know what you're doing, you can throw a good army mix together that will be hard to counter, and push on the enemy and win.
      Fealorin.945
      http://uentv.blip.tv/
      www.ustream.tv/channel/theuen
      www.livestream.com/theuen