+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Bisu Build (PvZ)
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Bisu Build (PvZ)

Hello everybody. This thread will be about discussion of the viability of the Bisu Build being used in starcraft 2. Specifically, I want to see peoples opinions on what has changed that would prevent it from working. For those that dont know the Bisu build, it consisted of building corsairs (the BW equivalent to phoenix) which could chase overlords away and then coming in with DT's to destroy the now undetected lands. When Bisu first started using it no Zerg could stop it and he had a HUGE win streak, the strategy was finally countered by building spore colonies next to every hatchery and placing overlords in groups 3/4.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Truth be told, when I see air units (or structures), I typically drop a spore or two throughout my bases, so I wouldn't expect detection to become a problem. However, when the OLs start falling, production will suffer and I'll be rendered relatively helpless. I have always been a fan of phoenix harass anyway, and I think it's rather underutilized vs. zerg. I think In SC2, the build would be less reliant on DTs, simply because that's unnecessary. In SC1, the point was to eliminate detectors, but that ability has been taken away from the OLs anyway. A blend of phoenix early followed by lots (and maybe a couple sentries) would be cheaper than DTs, and likely just as effective.
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8

Downloads
      Uploads
      I think the Bisu build would be hard pressed to be successful in SC2 as one of zerg's best counters to phoenix (especially quick phoenix) is the spore colony as they can't graviton beam it. This is opposed to SC1 where a hydralisk is a great counter to corsair because Corsairs can't attack ground.

Given that I don't think it's a best fit strategy for SC2, I still stand by Phoenix being a GREAT harass tool for early zerg games, especially if they go mass ling or roach and have at all delayed hydras/mutas. Also, DT's, especially in appropriately timed attacks hitting multiple locations are a HUGE pain in the butt. But, given a Phoenix hit followed by a DT hit I think you are shooting yourself in the foot as a protoss player but potentially scouting to see if they are getting spores/overseers could allow you to make that decision - Go Phoenix ---> DT's or go Phoenix ---> reg. army?

my 2 cents..

Downloads
      Uploads
      yea its sorta a hard one that, as the overlord is no longer a detector, so we HAVE to build either spores or overseers to stop observers and banshees, and DT in this case, i think it worked so well because zerg had all those detectors and would feel safe, so as soon as you drive em away game over.

yes it probably would work, but by the time you get it going, as both pheonix and DT are resource heavy, zerg will have already out expanded you or already have a formiddable force
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      DT's cost about twice as much gas now, that could definitely hinder ones ability to even get a reasonable number out.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw