View Poll Results: What's your favorite zerg build?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mass Speedlings

3 18.75%
  • Ling/Muta

4 25.00%
  • Roach/Hydra

2 12.50%
  • Ling/Infestor

3 18.75%
  • Tech to Ultra

0 0%
  • Other...

4 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Zerg Builds
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Favorite Zerg Builds

What's your favorite zerg build to do? OR, if you don't play zerg what are your least favorite zerg builds to play against?

Mass Speedling with or without expo
      Ling/Muta
      Roach/Hydra
      Ling/Infestor
      Tech to Ultra
      Other... (insert whatever you do here)

Let the voting begin...

Downloads
      Uploads
      Infestor, Lings ftw
      Just have to love it when you see a group of FG'd bio's being slaughtered by banelings and lings,
      Especially when the blings blow up and wipe the terran's bio, rendering them useless.
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      I really like infestor ling because it is a very effective build order simply because zerglings are mineral heavy while infestors are gas heavy.

With proper micro and positioning for the zerg, you can do so much with them.

Downloads
      Uploads
      I've always been a fan of roach/hydra (or straight up hydra from SC1), but my play style simply tends to push me into speedling/muta for some reason. Every time I try to diversify, I end up falling back to it. I suppose it's largely due to the fact that I like playing a harass-based game for the most part and the combination of mutas and lings hitting at various spots simultaneously is just too much fun.

Edit: Upon further reflection, this also seems like a highly map-dependent question. I've been playing a fair bit on scrap station lately (through random chance, somehow) which obviously lends itself well to muta harass. In my most recent game on it, I deliberately tried going roach/hydra for the hell of it (against terran massing marines and tanks with some viking support) and while I won the match, I still ended up with muta harass just for the sake of harass itself.
      Last edited by smagee; 10-20-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Downloads
      Uploads

> Other

Here's my other choice (of what I get to make a final push)

4 'lings / 10-15 roaches / 4-10 hydras / 2 infestors / 1-4 ultralisks / 1-2 overseers / 1 overlord with queen
      upgrades: speedlings, burrow, +2 missile +1 carapace, roach upgrades (both), hydra sight, overlord speed and transport

That's my army if I get to it. Banelings sometimes but not always. I mostly use my zerglings to scout around while my overseers spies right in the ennemy base. Zerglings are the cannon meat.
      Burrow to hide workers if harassed. Also helps my army regen. Btw, tip VS tanks when burrowed under terran army: pop 1 unit (which will receive all tank cannons), then pop up the army. Cooldown will save some =)
      +2 missile and +1 carapace to be better than numbers, and serves for the rest of game.
      Hydra sight is a must with them.
      Overlord upgrades to scout and transport troops/ workers if necessary.
      Queen is to glue up the expansions!

I really love to have a little of everything, except air units. For some reason, I don't like the air unit of zergs. Mutas are too close combat for me, broodlords too long to get and corruptors don't ground attack... Ground army ftw =)

My choice =)
      Last edited by Cookie; 10-20-2010 at 03:52 PM.
      CESTQUOICA [919 US] (Name changed)

Downloads
      Uploads
      I find mass hydra with infestor support to work really well for me ^^, especially when hydras get that range research, and then use fungal growth you effectively get free kill against most units as you will outrange them. Never really been a fan of roaches though :/ unless there is a specific reason to get them, and same with muta, will get them and use them but never really liked them as its fairly easy to counter them and make them useless, where speedlings can contain all day, a couple turrets will shutdown muta harass pretty much
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      i voted roach hydra as it is effective in defense against other zerg especially if they go banelings.

speedlings first though

Downloads
      Uploads
      How often does everyone here use a fast expand? (on maps where the expansion is really close) ie blistering sands, scrap station etc
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      I always try to fast expand, even better when you try to ninja a gold expansion
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      I always try to expand pre 25 supply count. It fits in pretty well with the timing of most builds and allows you to either ramp up production or ramp up economy or anything in between. Typically, I try to use what would be my Queens 2nd or 3rd larva spawn to drop a creep tumor as well. Doing this saves $ for an expo, helps defend the two bases and can give you a little vision heads up.