+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: terran proxy hop
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisrichter69 View Post
      Only problem to this is that it only works against protoss. You can't land on creep, and terran can load up and fly away.
      yes it wont work on zerg as i said. but vs terran he has lost half his army and most of his scv's and you have gained an expo
      at this point i suppose you could build a marauder... or, if you want to be awesome, chase his command centre with another command centre!

and i agree with Flamga on the crazy strat thread

McWill 243 - EU

Downloads
      Uploads
      i uploaded a replay of me using the strat, im no pro but i like imput i hope it shows the strat better

Downloads
      Uploads
      sorry that was the wrong replay vid but here is the one i was talking about

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by McWill
      at this point i suppose you could build a marauder... or, if you want to be awesome, chase his command centre with another command centre!

and i agree with Flamga on the crazy strat thread
      Your terran opponent was stupid then. If I saw a command center dropping into my base, here's what I would be thinking:

Ok so he spent all that time flying over her, he has no economy, and when he upgrades to planetary fortress, he will be even further behind having no orbital command center. He only has one base. I have tech, army, scvs, production buildings; I can just relocate and rebuild. So I would pack up my army, lift off my buildings, lift off my command center, and run my army and scvs to the nearest expansion and rebuild. Anyone who stays behind to try to fight a planetary fortress is stupid.

As I said, this only works against a protoss player who cannot lift off.
      Last edited by Fealorin; 10-19-2010 at 05:40 PM.

Downloads
      Uploads
      this strategy sucks for 2v2 because they will just do an early push on your proxy bunkers and it will get owned hard unless both you and your partner are doing proxy. - even then it's a terrible strat if you're going for a win, but it's fun

As for 1v1:
      a proxy second barrack is good to stop builds such as 14 hatch - but again it's only an opener
      another good proxy strat is marauder rush with 2 barracks (1 proxy near the enemy base)
      I hit as soon as i get 2 marauders and rally my racks to the protoss. This actually still works even at higher diamonds but then again, it's a risky build and you're behind if it doesent work, (not too much tho, as it is only 1 proxy barrack)

Downloads
      Uploads
      I deno man. I've been proxying rax lately in 2's as Terran, but playing the smooth move I learned from SCVRush of building it behind the mineral line, then floating your two raxes into the corner of their base where they won't see it. I deno about the base move thing though, maybe if you have extra mins go for a new PF at their natural, if you want lol, but if you don't win with proxy rax, or at least do A LOT of damage, you're pretty screwed anyway.
      coolsmelly, number coming soon (as soon as I check it)