+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: GSL Finals (Spoilers inside!)
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

GSL Finals (Spoilers inside!)

Anyone else watching the GSL finals at the moment? Game one was great and I hope the rest are as good. Im rooting for oGscool/FruitDealer, personally.

So far:
      Game 1: FruitDealer wins with some incredible macro play and drop prevention
      Game 2: FruitDealer wins again, this time with impeccable map control and Mutalisk micro
      Game 3: Fruitdealer takes the win with what might have been the best Nydus Worm ever deployed
      Game 4: IntotheRainbow/HopeTorture stayed very aggressive even after his initial marine push was hard countered and eventually forced a GG by destroying all of the Zerg tech buildings
      Game 5: FruitDealer took the final game with overall brilliant play. He was able to fast expand and still stopped a proxy reaper attack, after that all he had to do was whittle away at the Terran base

There you have it, FruitDealer is the first GSL champion. To think, a Zerg player winning the title of best Starcraft 2 player in the world. But, he definitely deserves both the title and the $85,000
      Last edited by Moderas; 10-02-2010 at 05:44 AM.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Many people have been complaining about how underpowered Zerg is and how Terran is overpowered. Yes Cool has managed to prove that skill>balance. My favorite race is Terran.....ok Protoss (but I suck at it can someone help me please? =) ) but for this brief moment I wanted Cool to win because he represents what gaming is all about; make the most out of what you have, no matter the odds, no matter how underpowered you are and the opponent overpowered, you can still win if you dedicate yourself to get the necessary skills to win.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Very well said. If anything was proved by this tournament its that FruitDealer is in a league of his own.

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      GSL season 2!

[GSL] Open S2 Announced

If we get lucky we will have GSL open every month.
      LanEvoIII #988

Feel free to add me though I have not played multiplayer yet and I have not been placed yet. I will play my placement matches after my college studies (almost done).

Downloads
      Uploads
      Every month? oh man. Too bad they want to raise the prices to be ridiculous, I'll have to buy 1 day passes for the finals, though

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Redux0718 View Post
      GSL season 2!

[GSL] Open S2 Announced

If we get lucky we will have GSL open every month.
      From what I've heard (while prowling through the replays still on gomtv ... gom... whatever it is), they are indeed planning one every month. No idea how the funding will continue rolling in for that though.

Incidentally, nothing against Fruitdealer, but I recommend everyone also watch TheLittleOne in round ... 16, I think. The first match is simply amazing. And since I can't watch the other two portions of it, it'll have to stand at that