starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Post a StarCraft 2 Replay, get help!
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads
      Wellcome to the club Krawll...he heh, He just dance-stomped over me yesterday a few times with his M&M. I only managed to bite his feet while on the ground :P. But yet, it was fun, You always learn from everything. I learnt(I think) that I have isues with larva drone/army creation(what to build and when).

So keep it up. Some day the apprentice will beat the master. (I will be back Fealorin, hehehehehe....)
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Krawll View Post
      Played Fealorin and realized I no business playing someone at that level. only been playing Starcraft for about a month. but I have been doing my homework. However he did help me with realize a few things I have been doing wrong but I want to know what you guys think. Keep in mind that i do not know what every unit is capable of and too much of what counters what. But I have a good idea.

xel'naga caverns
      jungle basin
      steppes of war

please let me know what I am doing wrong is am i just inexperienced.
      Actually, I can help you with unit functionality and show you the full extent of their capabilities. Every unit. I can help you with this. I'm a great tactician, but I just don't know build orders for the other races. Some time I will help you with this.
      Fealorin.945
      http://uentv.blip.tv/
      www.ustream.tv/channel/theuen
      www.livestream.com/theuen

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisrichter69 View Post
      Actually, I can help you with unit functionality and show you the full extent of their capabilities. Every unit. I can help you with this. I'm a great tactician, but I just don't know build orders for the other races. Some time I will help you with this.
      that would be much appreciated.
      Krawll-959
      Add me and feel the wrath of the bronze.

Downloads
      Uploads
      4v4, PPPZ vs PPPT - Starcraft 2 Replays - Starcraft 2 Forum

this is a 4v4, 16 minutes long. i strongly advise you to watch the replay, it is very...unique. you don't see it every day. zizi truper xonic and myself are one team, but nevermind us. watch the other team. and i dare yoiu not to laugh.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by DerKleBesTiF View Post
      Alright,

I would like to know what the hell happened in this damn match ; (ZPvsTP) Close Match But Still - Starcraft 2 Replays - Starcraft 2 Forum

First of all, I think it all began well ; I started up with more economy than I usualy do ( Which is part of my biggest problem ; The Expanding ) and I thought we had the majority in the begining, but then, it flipped off, and we (insertfwordhere) lose that shit.

I've did 5 Match this afternoon, 3 3vs3 and 2 2vs2, and seriously, I'm getting pissed off. All those match were LOST. I'm begining to seriously ask myself If I should just GTFO from Zergs to another freakin' race, because YES, you can create mass units, but DAMN, you can't do shit, like you can see in that replay.

For anybodys asking ; Why don't you go tier 2~3? It's because I think those units are freakin' useless. I never do Roach, because they're only ground and everytime I do a match, there is ALWAYS air units. Banelings, screw it, everybody is back&shootin' making it useless to try to come at them. Mutalisks? Too easy to counter. Ultralisk and Broodlord? Way too long to construct. So the only units I do is Zerglings and Hydralisks ; I know that I'm wrong, but everytime I do other units, it's becoming way worse than that.
      Bumplol

DerKleBesTiF - 233 - (GMT-5)
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      *Moderas writes off the Pokemon Theme song*
      Moderas, you might lose moderator status with comments like that. hahahah =p

Downloads
      Uploads
      @Derk:

First thing I would take umbrage at: your build order. A small note, but building an Overlord at 9 before the 10th drone is almost *always* going to be a better plan; I'd recommend trying to adjust to that in the future unless you're really attached to the overpool setup.

General comment: scout more, and earlier. You started out with a *ton* of zerglings (24!) without knowing anything about what the enemy is up to. While lings could certainly save your life, you didn't have any reason to have them that early. When you finally did scout (around 9:30 or so), you saw a wall that lings would absolutely never bust through, which is precisely where banes (not to mention roaches) come in handy.

Also, don't be afraid to get more than one queen! Generally it's best to have at least one queen per hatch for dedicated larvae; I tend to get at least one more for creep spread, but at minimum the 1/hatch is a good rule of thumb.

If you only like lings and hydras, why bother expanding? You can easily support that army mixture off of one base in bronze. I'd recommend holding off on expansions until you find that you're running out of resources. I realize it's counter-intuitive to the typical zerg advice of "always expand!!!", but you had a backlog of ~1500 minerals and ~800 gas when you dropped an expansion. If you're not using what you have, don't worry about getting more . With more practice, you'll get better at using up your income, at which point you should employ expansions; right now they add an additional layer of complexity that, truth be told, you don't necessarily need to worry about.

When you started the battle with a ling/hydra army, you see exactly where roaches are immensely helpful: your lings got absolutely obliterated in about half a second, leaving your hydras with no protection whatsoever. The nice thing about roaches is that they start with level 1 (?) armor and have a gazillion (ok, ~150 iirc) hitpoints, compared to a ling's 30 and hydra's 80. Roaches provide the tank, ensuring that what happened to your hydra army *doesn't* happen.

... OK, at this point, my game crashed and refuses to reload the replay, so I'm sorry to say that I can't comment further until later. Still, I guess this could all be summed up by a simple statement: you need to move at least to tier 2 (or 1.5ish) in order to be effective against these types of armies. Lings do not have the tanking power to support hydras; a roach/hydra army composition would've absolutely obliterated their units because of the roaches' ability to absorb damage while allowing the hydras to dish it out.

Without seeing the end (I'll try again tomorrow), I'm not sure how things proceeded, but that's something to start with at least .
      -smagee (#948), GMT -8