starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: patch 1.4 infestor changes, please advice on gameplay. How to use it?
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

patch 1.4 infestor changes, please advice on gameplay. How to use it?

Omg, just after patch I discovered some bad new for zerg....they changed infestors's neural parasite range from 9 to 7, and after playing for one day I got a really sucking experience. Actually, I am pretty bad on micro with infestors, so I think I am not any kind of reference for gameplay. How do you think it affects on your experience?. I don't know if it is because blizzard wanted us to use more the infested terran. Otherwise I do not understand that decision. Infestor is a fragile unit, now with range 7 you are on range for tanks on siege mode and on range for almost any unit(I think that mos units have range 6) even protoss immortal got 6 now. My opinion that "if" some range should have changed were the colossu(thermal lance)s, but yet I thought it was equilibrated.

I mostly used the infestors against thor and tanks(in teran) now Thor have the same range that infestors 7, wich mean infestors will be always receive at least 1 shot from thors, and if there are more than , you might very probably get killed.

How do you advice to use this unit? I was trying to train my micro with it, but now it is really frustrating, I can do nothing with neural parasite. I mean...I will not be using it for marines and marauders... so what for? even ravens can see you before getting close ebough and the new bomb is brutal. And with toss, I do not find any kind of use, colossus with thermal lance, carriers, void rays, and almost any unit or group of 3 units (toss) gets you killed, due to low life and low armor and short range. Either it became a "only pros" unit with great micro, or they do not want us to use this hab.

I do not find any way to be able to use it now. and 4v4 with mass thors...it is impossible now. I would love to heave some kind of advice on how to use them, I was trying to improve my micro on them , whgich was really hard, and suddenly it became impossible.
      Last edited by Lemanruss; 09-21-2011 at 02:55 AM.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      Im not 100% but im pretty sure thors have less range then 7, that said i think infestors NP meant to be used against thors over tanks, infestors always had quite a hard time NP'ing the sieged tanks to begin with.

You could try burrowing infestors, flood some units and unborrow+NP, works well if your enemy cant see anything.

Personally i feel NP didnt need to be nerfed but maybe fungal, or the pathogen glands upgrade, having 10 infestors hatch and insta-fungal is terrifyingly powerful.

TL;DR
      I guess NP is meant to be used for specific key units, ie; ghost, thor,raven,
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Last time I checked(yesterday on a replay) Thors had a 7 range, so if Infestors find some Thors to try NP them they always get at least 1 shot(if only 1 thor). And with raven is quite useless because they detect you before you are at range so if they have missile infestor is dead, no way they can escape.

So, this nerf I guess they left Np only for some tactic (upper ground) options and perhaps mothership. Otherwise, I fail to find any use. so I do not find usefull such an hability(it became "only for" use). Just like I do not understand why to do it whith such an hability while zerg do not have lots of caster or active combat habs, terran or toss have many more(ghost, raven, Ht's, sentinel, mothership).

Perhaps do they want to be zerg only a "massive" army race?Indeed they have their reason and they find it somehow game balancing otherwise it would not come out after trying it on the ptr. But I think it will be making the infestor a unit too much "tactic" and reduced getting reduced to a INfested marine and Fungal growth, when their structure is a must for t3 units.

We will se what happens on the following days, yet, since I am noa gret player would like your opinion, and help, to please know how to use them now.
      Thanks Icecraft .

Downloads
      Uploads
      I'll attempt to use them when i play zerg
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thanks a lot

Downloads
      Uploads
      Did anyone find any "propper way" to use the infestor? I am having a really bad time with it, I'm even considering leaving zerg. If stalkers were a "nightmare unit" now the colossi+immortals is brutal just add some zealots no need of stalkers. The range increase on immortals aws indeed needed, but the reduction on NP and the fact that Infestors are armored unit with 90 life...it they can get close enough to a colossi they get "neutralized" by immortals, or stalkers. OR even tanks, you get close enough, unburrow and just get terminated by the tank for its range.

I really don't kno how to fight now against colossi+stalker, mutas dye before getting close, and are too "weak", infestor has no range. Corruptor..expensive and can't help on anything but the colossi, building 4-5 units is way more expensive than a colossus. and has not the same "usefulness". Hydras...weak and not enough range... ok fastlings.... but the toss has to really suck as player to allow you to get that close.

SO please HELP! against stalker colossi and how to use Infestors, high gorund is useless against them becuase colosssi "fly", and keep having more range.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Lemanruss
      I do not find any way to be able to use it now. and 4v4 with mass thors...it is impossible now. I would love to heave some kind of advice on how to use them, I was trying to improve my micro on them , whgich was really hard, and suddenly it became impossible.
      um a question? are you saying the infestor is useless now because of Np range? it couldve been worse, before they updated the patch. Np couldnt even target massive units, so having that ability seems reasonable.
      also how many infestor's do you usually get? do you mass infestor like RootDestiny? or do you get a few like egidra just to make it a little bit easier against mass marine and tanks?
      tips for zvt
      personally you should try to avoid the ability of just focusing your game play on infestor's? it generally doesnt make you a better player. try using muta's ling's banelings or even roach banelings and lings( not sure what goes after this though), these helps your ability to micro muta's be alert of drops with good overlord spread and macro skills also. infestor's and mass speedlings doesnt really help with anything, unless your like a pro-gamer and follow it up with other stuff also.
      a suggestion against mech is mass roach with ups.
      i was watching a GM player VileHasHe stream earlier today, and he went hellion opener into mech.the zerg player took a quick third and went 3base timing attack with pure roaches.he flanked every side with roaches when hash had 4-5tanks 3 thor's a bunch of hellions and trying to saturate his third. following up with dropping roaches in his main base therefore, hashe had to split his army and then he also pushed the front and started attacking his natural since hashe third was already damaged. the zerg was at like 159/176 vs 112/124 and after losing those 3 thor's. supply was 132/176 while still pumping vs 89/124. the zerg was also teching to infestor and had only like 3 for infested terran to take the tank splash damage and won like 2-3mins later in.
      this build seems pretty solid so give it a try if you'd like
      and if you need zvp help just ask omz. he pretty good lol
      Last edited by SilentMoVe; 09-29-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Nooo, far away from that, I do not think blizard, would ever make useless a unit, they try to change game mechanics. As I said before on the thread, I am good a macro, but really noob at micro and zerg are a hard race to play. If something is to blame it is my skill. I just ask for indications of how to use them properly, or what tactic to use against thor/tanks and colossi/immortal/stalker. Ultras take longer to build than those, and even ufetr patch it takes longer to build them than those race having a death ball. I'm a bronze level player(in 1v1), and on my league many players make mass deathball and don't realy enjoy "massin" only 1 type of unit, so no, never massed more than 6 infestor, I tryed to go burrowed with roaches close to colossi while zerglings and some roaches distracted, but usually with colossi they have observer so...they do not get that close.

I will try that, thanks for the answer silentmove, as you said OMZ and flamga are great players, but they are not usually on the forum, lately.
      Last edited by Lemanruss; 09-30-2011 at 03:53 AM.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Your post is do great.go ahead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

obd2 cables|obdii code scanner|obdii code scanner