Thread: Lisence question + news
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Lisence question + news

T'sup guys!

Long time no see!
      Yeah! Erhm, so I am now on the European servers, as I wanted to play the French version (and 'cause I can, I live in Quebec =).

1- Lil problem: my English version got crushed.
      I tried installing in a different folders, but SC2 got files spreaded in different spots and it's quite crap checking that out. Also, Blizzard does not support two versions of a game on one computer. Way to go.

If anyone knows how to make them both up I'd hear, but Blizz support page says something about possible issues while patching blablabla.

2- Is it possible to post up replays from different languages?

I didn't do my season 3 on the American servers 'cause I was practicing a build. Fast infestors with a all units army. Mainly roaches/infestors tough. Ultras and corruptors /broods help a lot. I'm not a big fan of mutas. I usually get them out when the game is over: I prefer speed 'lings with ultras to go check expands. I get ventral sacs or a worm if the expand is on an island. Oh and creep ftw.

Still playing like a silver btw. Working on it =)

Hope you guys out there still enjoy playing your race,
      I just re-discovered mine with all the funny translations (and French is my language)
      Cookie

Downloads
      Uploads
      Hi, cookie, glad to hear about you. Like you, I have being away for quite some time due to work. ABout two version of sc2 on 1 pc....

I have both of them I got one EU version and other US. Both of them are installed on on the same partition and pc. I use windows 7 64bits.

VERY IMPORTANT: EACH CLIENT MUST BE ASSOCIATED TO A DIFFERENT MAIL AND BATTLE.NET ACCOUNT

The only "problem" I have is that when I patch one of the clients, the others odesn't update so it updates when you launch that client.

How I Installed: I copied to the folder c:\users\yournamehere\documents\starcraft2 to the desktop. After that I Installed the game on a diferent folder, in my case Starcraft2US. WHen you install it it asks you to repalce some folders and create othr.. answer yes to everything.

You willl have only 2 issues:
      1- you have to create yourself the shortcuts for each client. go tot he foder where installed the game, and get a shortcut for the starcraft2 application.
      2-each shortcut launches one version of the game, and updates ONLY that version of the game.

3- Login in your MAIN client and check if the configuration is like before. If anything changed just repalce the new folder STracraft2 in your documents with the old one. Don't worry when you launch the other cleint it will display the terms and policy of the game(just like after patching) and it will create a new foler with the numbers of your account where it belongs.

Everything else should run fine. Remember to use the administrator privileges when installing and starting the game.

They say no support for both versions...That's crap, I called them and explained that wanted to play in US because I had friends and wanted to play with you. And they explained me that there was no issues at all.

I Hope that helps. Good luck. If you are using the EU client feel free to add me as friend
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      Well, I got it associated with the same mail. GG

Thx for the long answer! Hope it will serve to someone somehow!!
      CESTQUOICA [919 US] (Name changed)

Downloads
      Uploads
      You can phone them and ask them to associate the one of the clients to other mail, they will ask you for the game serial number and a new mail. The issue with having 2 clients with 1 mail is that the achievements are associated to that account it's supposed to be not "legal". You are following my steps...that's what happened to me the first time... I guess it's usual .
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT