starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Summer Dreamhack 2011 Ends... and your champion is (spoilers inside)
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Summer Dreamhack 2011 Ends... and your champion is (spoilers inside)

Summer 2011 Dreamhack happened on the fabulous weekend of June 17th (right after GSL Super Tournament ended) and we have a new champion... an American Champion? Did Huk... Huk... Defeat multiple koreans on his way to a championship? Has Huk secured TL as a top bracket team and is he leading the charge for TL to be a premier team again?

It looks like he has and we are all proud of him. WeMadeFox's Moon was his competitor in the finals and was able to take a 2-1 lead on Huk before falling to Huk in the final two games.

Bomber and July battled it out for third right after MC was knocked out by Bomber in the round of 8. An impressive showing for the Koreans (as you can see) as 3 of the top 4 were Koreans and MC also advanced very far.

In other news, Idra made the round of 16 which is nothing to scoff at. Idra fell, again, to MC though his new rival / arch-nemesis who he has consistent trouble beating. Idra's games were good and he played well but several key timing errors led to his defeat. One instance was where he was on 3 base vs. 2 base and attacked into the Protoss merely 10-15 seconds before his burrow movement upgrade finished for his Roaches, he lost roughly 8-10 roaches there and for the rest of the game was just slightly behind in units needed to take out MC's armies...

The vent though, was great as was the unveiling of Day9's new website which has the VOD's up now. Check out day9.tv for those.

What are everyone's thoughts on the tourney? Korean dominance? European power? the great american hopes ?
      OneManZerg - 971

Downloads
      Uploads
      The MC/Idra rivalry is awesome! Things like this keep the SC2 pro scene very entertaining!

Idra gets on my nerves but I can't help rooting for him.

Downloads
      Uploads
      yea, Idra had MC in game 2 in the RO 16 too. He sacked too many roaches going in without burrow and then again trying to push on MC when he didn't have the numbers... sadface, but Idra is really good and I think he's still one of NA's best players by far.
      OneManZerg - 971

Downloads
      Uploads
      *cough* Canadian champion.

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      Haha Ketroc,

For those in the know... Huk is half Canadian half United Statesian (yes I know that's not a word). His mother was from the US and his Dad from Canada and he spent most of his youth (up to around 16-18 years of age) in the US before he moved to live with his dad in Canada. He's a dual citizen US/Canada and currently resides in Korea but he refers to his home, as in going back gome, as Canada.

So... sure you could say he's Canadian, but you could just as easily say he's from the US. So we'll say he's North American. =)
      OneManZerg - 971

Downloads
      Uploads
      For purposes of Starcraft, Huk is Korean. Look at his play from before he moved to Korea compared to now, the Korean training method has made him what he is >.>
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw