starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Training your macro
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Training your macro

If you want to train your macro skills and/or race knowledge try playing some cooperative games 2v2 or 3v3 with either your favorite race or random. You'll get some achievements while you're there, make some new friends, learn the mechanics of the other races so you know how to counter them, and most importantly, you'll greatly increase your macro skills.

I started doing this for some achievement points but it quickly became one of my favorite gametypes of SC2. Laddering 1v1 only makes me stress out so this is great fun and great training. After playing about 50 games I can tell my macro has seriously improved. And I made 2 friends.

Maybe not really useful for the high league people here but if you're a newbie like me it might be worthwile trying.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Haha there is nothing wrong with team games, gets you used to early rushes and such. It however doesnt really teach you what to do if your opponent just decides not to attack XD
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      I think the nature of 2v2 and other team games is very different compared to 1v1, it obviously relie more on macro, teamwork and army composition. In 1v1, if you fuck up your micro, you are dead. In 2v2, the macro aspect plays a much bigger role in your strategies.