starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: zerg strategys post all
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Cool zerg strategys post all

i have a few strats with zerg tell me how u can beat them with other races

first undralisk hydro combo all burrowed with a small group of zerglings (2-4) out froonf so i know what to unburrow for line of sight

third the old school 5 devourers 5 guardians the rest mutalisk for replacement and deffence

Downloads
      Uploads
      Well, being burrowed for zerg is generally useless unless they're roaches. Almost all Protoss lead their armies with observers and most good Terran armies consist of at least one raven to shut down units with missiles (Hydralisks). To beat hydralisk/ultralisk focusing the hydras with siege tanks/colossus and cleaning up the ultralisks with marauders/immortals would suffice. Honestly the army composition isn't the telltale sign of a battle, it's the buildup. Mass zerglings can beat a well balanced army if the numbers are great enough, if you are ahead of your opponent economically and know how to take advantage of it you will win battles.

Downloads
      Uploads
      oops i forgot strat 2
      lots of hydra with large groups of banelings in those hiden form sight things all burrowed the spot hydra and come to wipe and get ambushed by banelings (my all time favorite unit)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Stationary burrow is pretty gimmicky and relies on a lot of luck to go your way to turn out right. The obvious unit to use in this regard is banelings. Burrow them in the path terran will take to push your base then unload them on his marines as he passes. It's worth the time to burrow them in a cluster of pairs to get max damage vs marines without overkilling.

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      IMO burrow is an ability that is less used simply because its gimicky, and normally people don't see the point of getting it. I love to burrow my drones when they get harassed.

It could be used in some contexts, like, you send a group of 15 zerglings to harass an expansion, and the protoss warps in Zealots or stalkers, well you can just burrow your stuff and the protoss will be forced to get detection there / leave a portion of his army / make canons. Or a terran would have to bring a part of his army, and once it get there, you can burrow your zerglings to make him lose even more time or force him to waste a scan (300 minerals, if you burrow 12 zerglings, and he scans, you basically harassed for free.) If he makes a planetary fortress, well he kinda wastes his race's extra income ability.

Other than that, I don't really like Hydralisks, for the simple reason that they get killed easily by the units that the other races normally make:
      Terran: Hellions / marines because of excess minerals.
      Protoss: Colossus.
      Zerg: Roaches.

If I had to make a late game composition, it would be a lot of zerglings, I just love them, for their speed and crazy effectiveness at 3/3 upgrades with attack speed upgrade. With a slow switch to Ultras/ roaches. Roaches mainly so that the army stacks and doesn't lose speed.

third the old school 5 devourers 5 guardians the rest mutalisk for replacement and deffence
      Never played SC1, don't know what you're talking about.

Downloads
      Uploads
      I wouldn't rely on burrow at high levels. It can work sometimes but often it is spotted and/or your opponent goes another route. As for your strategies, I find race specific strategies are the best tools to use.

Some examples:
      Hydralisks are not very good vs. terran at all - typically never even built.

Vs. Protoss Hydralisks do great vs. gateway units and poor vs. Colossus and High Templar so you MIGHT see Hydralisks in early timing vs. Protoss or as late game support or vs. Protoss Air

Lastly, Hydralisks are OK vs. Zerg but primarily in support of Roaches (typically a 3 to 1 or more Roach to Hydra ratio) or in response to Mutalisks.

But... to broadly say Hydralisk strategy is difficult as it is so situational.

Given that long rant... Roaches are good vs. almost anything. =P
      OneManZerg - 971