starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Stuck in Bronze
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Stuck in Bronze

I'm new to Zerg, stuck in Bronze, and am not going anywhere fast. I have decent mechanics, but I have no idea how to play Zerg, I don't know how to counter, when/what to build, etc. Can anybody help or provide some insight?
      Last edited by Gabe; 05-15-2011 at 05:58 AM.
      Ninjas are born from strict asian parents because we have to do things
      sneaky.

NA servers: #328 - Oracle

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Gabe 2) Drone
      3) Drone
      4) KILL

If you drone too much, back off. However this way youll learn when you can make units and when you can get away with making workers, the most important aspect of zerg!
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      can you give us more details or post some replays? Just saying what you said doesn't allow us to give you reasonable answers.
      OneManZerg - 971

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      can you give us more details or post some replays? Just saying what you said doesn't allow us to give you reasonable answers.
      i've pretty much just began playing zerg, and I just really don't know how to use them, i need to know what builds to use against what races, how many drones is enough, when to expand, which units to use against what, or just some general tips. Thanks in advance.
      Last edited by Gabe; 05-12-2011 at 03:08 PM.
      Ninjas are born from strict asian parents because we have to do things
      sneaky.

NA servers: #328 - Oracle

Downloads
      Uploads
      While zerg does have some aggressive builds, in general they are a reactive race. I'd practice a standard'ish opener to get until you got a good feel for the race... something like 15gas, 14 pool to get early speed, and take your expo within the first 5min. Then transition into a roach based army. Something simple until things like constant injecting and creep spreading become a mindless effort for you.

Make it your goal to make as many drones as you can. If you die from having too many drones, you can easily adjust to fix those losses. It is much harder to recognize why you lost and to adjust, if you are making too few drones. Any time you take a lead, try to expand on that lead by expanding and mass droning. I think this is the best mindset for playing zerg. If you try to just be hard aggressive with zerg all game, you'll find zerg units just aren't as strong as terran and protoss. You really need that sick zerg economy to exploit the true power of the race.

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      i can just tell you a build that will get u started 14 pool 15 fast expand thats all u need to do im the first part then u customize your build to what you want it to be, no one can teach u how to customize your build to your liking cuz well they dont no what you want, so just open like this build an army and control the map. The less the other player can leave his base the better, if u can expand all around him to get him to go 1 base well your on 4 or 5, by end game you are golden
      LiquidAngel 320 ADD ME :-)

Downloads
      Uploads
      just to add on a little bit to my other post,zerg is the hardest race to play, but they have a way of beating people that is much much different from what the other races can do, you can rebuild an amry in seconds. doing this on 4 bases is great u can attack lose all your guys and then just do it again un till you win. i hop these tips help if you want you can add me and i can show ya
      LiquidAngel 320 ADD ME :-)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Just to add also, builds and strats may vary from map to map but FE can be standard (be careful with ZvZ with this one). Make sure to scout always and have map visibility (Ovies, lings, creep spread at your disposal) - this could help you in your drone vs army decision making

To make it easy watch some replays and play play play!!! glhf
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

B.net ID: woreyour
      Code #: 180
      [both NA and SEA] (I wonder why it is same...)

"I'm so sexy, I sometimes romance myself..."