starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Simple Faqs and simple questions
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Simple Faqs and simple questions

Let us start a thread about simple SC2 faqs or good to know stuff, also lets try to clarify some simple questions based of faqs or speculations.

I think this thead could shed some light to common misconceptions and will not surprise us when we face something we don't know

I know some of these stuff are already known but it could probably help new players and fellow newbs

examples:

*It takes 3 workers per mineral patch to fully mine it efficiently.
      *By clicking on a refinery/extractor/assimilator you can check the number of workers mining from it
      *At the start of a game you can hold Cntrl+F1(default for idle worker) to control all your workers at the start of the game instead of boxing them.
      *Fungal growth hits air units and cloaked units.
      *phoenix can lift sieged tanks ( I never thought of this even thou I know they can lift units that are not massive LOL)

Let us try to limit it to being simple and not ask questions or give statements like "Is Banshee rush cheesing?" or "banelings are OP! QQ"

Feel free to add stuff that are not yet mentioned on the thread and even thou it sounds obvious some people don't know it Also some clarification on the posted infos are much appreciated
      Last edited by woreyour; 04-04-2011 at 07:46 PM.
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

B.net ID: woreyour
      Code #: 180
      [both NA and SEA] (I wonder why it is same...)

"I'm so sexy, I sometimes romance myself..."

Downloads
      Uploads
      *Enemy zerg walks faster on YOUR creep.

Downloads
      Uploads
      *Scouting is one of those keys for victory.

DerKleBesTiF - 233 - (GMT-5)
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      *Moderas writes off the Pokemon Theme song*
      Moderas, you might lose moderator status with comments like that. hahahah =p

Downloads
      Uploads

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      nice i didnt know scvs can repair inside a medivac...
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

Downloads
      Uploads
      The whole 3 worker thing is actually untrue, yes 3 workers will give you most efficiency, HOWEVER splitting those workers between two bases is more efficient as the third worker losses efficiency when mining. Other words don't oversaturate.

Ground melee and armour affect broodling.

Baneling and ultralisk have the same movement speed (when banelings have centrifugal claws) with ultras having a higher target priority. Tank splash also will only cover 1 ultra, leaving banelings taking no damage

I will post some more later when I think of them XD
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      In addition to what Flamga said... having 3 workers on a close mineral patch doesn't make it faster really. The far patches though, yes you need 3 for maximum mineral absorption.
      OneManZerg - 971

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thats another interesting faq which makes a lot of sense. So probably rephrase it as 3 for far patches and 2 for close patches.

Makes me remember another one, why pros gather the close mineral patches 1st with his available workers and not the far ones in which helps them gather a bit of early mineral advantage but not so big.
      Well pros are pros and whatever little advantage they could get they exploit it and it really affects gameplay in the very high levels. After all in starcraft2, even the smallest advantage could stack up to become bigger.
      But I really dont suggest this to new players or to players who did not master the timing of the worker return cargo as it might hinder your play than help you
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by woreyour View Post
      Thats another interesting faq which makes a lot of sense. So probably rephrase it as 3 for far patches and 2 for close patches.

Makes me remember another one, why pros gather the close mineral patches 1st with his available workers and not the far ones in which helps them gather a bit of early mineral advantage but not so big.
      Well pros are pros and whatever little advantage they could get they exploit it and it really affects gameplay in the very high levels. After all in starcraft2, even the smallest advantage could stack up to become bigger.
      But I really dont suggest this to new players or to players who did not master the timing of the worker return cargo as it might hinder your play than help you
      Got nothing else to do in the first couple minutes. might as well double up on the close patches

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21