starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: Ladder reset / Placement Match Facts
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Ladder reset / Placement Match Facts

Saw a concise and accurate blurb on reddit that I thought I'd share here to clear up any questions/worries about the ladder reset:

"The purpose of the one placement match for Season 2 is to remove inactive players from the ladder. Your MMR (match-making rating) from last season is carried over, and your placement match won't effect your placement any more than any other match. If you are promoted/demoted, it is either because you were already close to being promoted/demoted, you changed your MMR enough during the ladder lock to warrant a promotion/demotion, or the league threshold changed between seasons to compensate for changing player numbers. Thank you, and good night."

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      That's "good news" and bad news...I think they should reset, or then just "kick" inactive players. I don't see the point of making placement matches. Also there are issues with the MatchMaker thats should be solved ,once they have 2 weeks to "fix" it. "Good players" will always get up fast on the ladder. But kicking those innactive players will not affect at all on the league. Just in the maintenace of their servers. Groups are always of 100.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT