starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: 2 Questions about qualifying games and ranking
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

2 Questions about qualifying games and ranking

hi all, I have a few questions regarding qualifying games, and ranking.

1-Now that the season is over. If I make qualifying games puts me in a legaue division? or after those games I wil be "waiting" until next one. (due that after patch 1.3 you can't go up or down in divisions I think I won't be able to get into one).

2-If I'm, lets say, gold player in 3v3,and play with 2 friends(one of those is qualifying). Does my ranking on my division change, in case we win or loose games? Will I gain or loose points? Or my ratings won't move because it's a team ranking that matters and this team is still unranked until playing 5.

3-In 4v4. Having a Team, that is Bonze, and the memebers are 1 platinum, 1 gold, 1 silver and 1 Bronze. Why do we always get to figth teams with people that are diamond, patinum or gold, and matchmaking says we are equal, no favourite. Is it because of Personal ranking?? We never get to fight teams lower than gold?

Yes, I read the teamliquid post about ranking system, but, Since blizzard "readapted the system" with patches to improve it, I don't know if they changed the mechanics. Beacuse that "guide" does not make any sense with the ranking and matchs, actually.

Thanks a lot for your help, and sorry about the "wall".
      Last edited by Lemanruss; 03-24-2011 at 03:00 PM.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      1. You can not be placed in to a new division until the 29th
      2. Not really sure what you are asking here?
      3. Because matchmaking uses ONLY the team you are currently fielding's MMR. You could have 4 bronze 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 players that still get matched with diamond 4v4 if their MMR is high enough.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Bahahha, don't worry about the "Wall", there is a lot of posts here that are way bigger than that.
      I have to say, those questions are well asked. Personally, I'm lost too in that Ranking / Match System.

From my and my friends point of view, about the question number 3, If by exemple, you guys are Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. We're gonna make those rank some numbers, to sort it out.

Unraked = 1
      Bronze = 2
      Silver = 3
      Gold = 4
      Platinum = 5
      Diamond = 6
      Master = 7

It's making your team a total of 14. So, basicly, the Match System is trying to figure out a team, which, would be 14, or near of it. Basicly, it's rare that you have to fight the exact same ranking. That's why sometimes, you'll encounter a team which has 14, but in a different way, by exemple. 2 Diamond and 2 Unranked would make a total of 14. 2 Silver, 1 Bronze and 1 Diamond would make 14.

I've noticed that when me and my friend ( we're both Gold ) fought an 1 Silver and 1 Platinum. Also, with another friend, which is Silver, we fought versus 1 Diamond and 1 Unranked.

Correct me if I'm wrong tho~

DerKleBesTiF - 233 - (GMT-5)
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      *Moderas writes off the Pokemon Theme song*
      Moderas, you might lose moderator status with comments like that. hahahah =p

Downloads
      Uploads
      Ok, I'll try to explain another way the wuestion number 2.

2-Imagine, that in 3v3 I'm a platinum player, in random and in team. And I get to make a new team playing with player B(my usual teammate), and player C(new mate). If I win or loose any game does it affect to any of the rankings(random or team), giving or taking away any points, or it won't affect until this "new team" has classified?

Thanks for answers to 1 and 3. and about 3:
      3- To moderas.. That sucks. If my MMR is high enough to be in diamond or gold. Why keeps the system holding the team on bronze division? I ask, because I have a 4v4 team that qualyfied on the first week of the game. And since 2 months or so we only get to figt gold platinum and Diamond players. Sometimes we win others we loose, but if we don't get to figth teams on our division or at top 2 division higher...how are we supost to increase the % of won games.

To DeRKleBesTiF- We are each player in 4v4(random) in one category. And All of the games we play are at least the same 14 number and 80% are 17 or superior. I don't even remember playing against a team with 1 bronze. and only 1 game this week with 1 qualifying. and the "usual" is 2plat+2gold or 2plat+1diamond+1gold or the 1diamond+1plat+2gold, which is between 17-20. So we win some and loose some others, we are about 50% win/loose and they usually are higher rated( in numbers), and matchmaking says even game :S. SO it's really hard to win a streak of 5 games or 6 or..8. SO we have no chance to get promoted to other rank.
      Last edited by Lemanruss; 03-24-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Well, that's weird. I seriously can't help out on that point, because, everytime that I do a match versus people, my Number System work correctly. Maybe it doesn't affect the Random Quick Matches. I don't play a lot of Random, so, I can't tell you.

For your second question, that you just reformulated, you're saying... That you're Platinum in Random AND in Team. The Random Ranking is only affected when you're doing a 3vs3 (exemple) but you're only a team of 2, which means, a random player will join out your team to fight in that very 3vs3. If you're only with Player B, and doing a 3vs3(random), it's going to affect BOTH your Random Ranking.

If you're with Player B and Player C. You're ranked Platinum with a combination of 2 other players, which could be Player B and Player D. Well, if you're doing league match with Player B and Player C, it's gonna create a complete new Ranking proper to THIS team. It's not going to affect your Player B and Player D W/L Ratio, but it's going to affect your General 3vs3 W/L Ratio.

DerKleBesTiF - 233 - (GMT-5)
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      *Moderas writes off the Pokemon Theme song*
      Moderas, you might lose moderator status with comments like that. hahahah =p

Downloads
      Uploads
      OK, that's is exactly what I wanted to know. Because I wanted to play(in team) with some friends, who are better than me, but I was affraid of screw up their ranks for making another team with me.

Thanks for the help.