+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft 2 patch 1.3.0 New Updates Discussion
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

Starcraft 2 patch 1.3.0 New Updates Discussion

I won't bother listing all of the balancing updates you'll probably read them as it's downloading. Thoughts, comments criticism though, are the subject of the thread. I for one raged when I found out Kharydian amulet was sacked....
      Also the Vortex Update kind of holds back the Archon toilet

As I said, Post away

Downloads
      Uploads
      Kaydarin in its previous form had to be removed. It completely destroyed PvT late game and was not good from either a player or spectator perspective. I dont agree that it should have been removed entirely, but it should have been changed to +15 or 20 instead.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Moderas View Post
      Kaydarin in its previous form had to be removed. It completely destroyed PvT late game and was not good from either a player or spectator perspective. I dont agree that it should have been removed entirely, but it should have been changed to +15 or 20 instead.
      Even then the ability is pointless, maybe a cool down after warp-in for all abilities would go well :/
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      Making them start with 70 energy is absolutely no different than having a 9 second cooldown after warp-in, though.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw

Downloads
      Uploads
      I have a terran bias:

But I think protoss warp-gate's cool down should be determined by the distance of the pylon closest to a nexus. Imo, it is too easy for a macro protoss to defend and reinforce with large warp-ins. (At least they took out the amulet, which will balance this issue some).

Zerg macro abilities need to be toned down a little (IE: stacking 18 larvas). They need to buff Corruptors cuss they suck shit against a protoss. Hydralisk needs to be slightly cheaper or better; they are underused because they are not too cost effective and they are very slow.

WIthout early stimpack in the next patch, I don't think Terrans well not be strong in the early game and Protoss 4 warpgate MC style will dominate zerg and terran like no body's business.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by SCVrush
      Zerg macro abilities need to be toned down a little (IE: stacking 18 larvas). They need to buff Corruptors cuss they suck shit against a protoss. Hydralisk needs to be slightly cheaper or better; they are underused because they are not too cost effective and they are very slow.

WIthout early stimpack in the next patch, I don't think Terrans well not be strong in the early game and Protoss 4 warpgate MC style will dominate zerg and terran like no body's business.
      Last night's game between Mvp and Sangho in the GSTL is a perfect illustration of how powerful the warpgate ability is. At one point, it was clear that Mvp would win the game barring a disconnect or deciding to take a nap, but Sanho was able to keep defending a final push for a looong time due to the ability to immediately warp-in and reinforce immediately.

Like others, I don't think that the khaydarin amulet needed to be nerfed. I'd rather see warpgate be changed instead. Just like zerg have to choose whether to use up a larva to drone or make a unit, and terrans have to choose what addon to keep on their production buildings, protoss should have a choice of using gateway or warpgate. As it is, there is no reason whatsoever for a player to use gateway mode once you get warpgate research.

Hey scvrush, I'm not really sure what you mean by the cooldown being determined by the distance to the nexus. Don't most players build pylons pretty close to the nexus?

Downloads
      Uploads
      Ya, warpgates kinda removes the defenders advantage, so it ruins certain stuff. Kinda why PvP is so fragile. At the same time, it's a defining characteristic of the sc2 protoss race... so I think it can be tweaked but should never be removed.

Amulet change is good with me. templar energy count wasn't an issue, but warp-in storms was dumb. Made it near impossible to push the toss with terran bio, even after having an overwhelming battle win. I think giving templars a base energy of 60 (or something of the like) would have been fair, but the emp nerf is another way to compensate templar.

I'm most interested in the new fungals. If anyone has any experience facing it, I'd like to hear your thoughts. With the guaranteed full damage, double dps, and the armored composition of toss balls, I could see fungals being the new psi storm.
      Last edited by Ketroc; 03-23-2011 at 04:53 PM.

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Ketroc View Post
      Amulet change is good with me. templar energy count wasn't an issue, but warp-in storms was dumb. Made it near impossible to push the toss with terran bio, even after having an overwhelming battle win. I think giving templars a base energy of 60 (or something of the like) would have been fair, but the emp nerf is another way to compensate templar.
      I so agree with you on that very particular point. Pushing and almost taking down all the opponent has, and then, getting owned by some High Templar freshly warped. It was kinda ridiculous, but still. Having this upgrade removed sure is a good news for people fighting against Protoss, but bad news for those people who were exploiting that technique.

Another point that quite surprised me, it's the fact that the Stim Pack as been push to 140 to 170 seconds. 30 Seconds is quite crucial when you want to Stim Push. With SCVRush, about, 2 days ago, we were playing 2vs2, and, at almost each strike, our Stim Pack was just finishing. Which means, with 30 seconds added, we would've suffer way much more.

DerKleBesTiF - 233 - (GMT-5)
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      *Moderas writes off the Pokemon Theme song*
      Moderas, you might lose moderator status with comments like that. hahahah =p

Downloads
      Uploads
      The new infestor buffs are ridiculous, its makes dealing with toss so much more easier (blink stalkers and death ball) and the damage output is nice to. I also noticed its extremely strong against immortals, making them last no where near as long as before and lets you go mass roach infestor against p with no issues.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      ouch for terran.. EMP now drains up to 100 energy instead of all available energy. And it is hard to get a good emp position.. now you need to get 2 emps to void pheonix and other spell casters.. I wish they increase the emp range.. stimpack to 170? maybe they could make it 150 instead.. and bunkers.. well bunker push earlier? lol battlecruisers could still be kited even with a bit speed they could have added them to thors Infestors are badass HTs with stun
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

B.net ID: woreyour
      Code #: 180
      [both NA and SEA] (I wonder why it is same...)

"I'm so sexy, I sometimes romance myself..."