+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Starcraft 2 patch 1.3.0 New Updates Discussion
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by woreyour View Post
      ouch for terran.. EMP now drains up to 100 energy instead of all available energy. And it is hard to get a good emp position.. now you need to get 2 emps to void pheonix and other spell casters.. I wish they increase the emp range..
      Only 100 Energy, yes.
      But it doesn't affect the damage on Shieds, which, remains the same.

DerKleBesTiF - 233 - (GMT-5)
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      *Moderas writes off the Pokemon Theme song*
      Moderas, you might lose moderator status with comments like that. hahahah =p

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by woreyour
      100 Energy was meant to compensate for not having amulet for high templar.
      HT would be useless if emp drained all energy and shields if you couldnt warp in storms.
      IceCraft 798 - Error? I'll add you then :) Gimme a shout with your info ^_^
      GMT +9.5
      http://www.twitch.tv/jtxgaming << my stream =]
      Masters leaguer, go easy =)

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by DerKleBesTiF View Post
      Only 100 Energy, yes.
      But it doesn't affect the damage on Shieds, which, remains the same.
      Shield damage was already capped. (also 100)

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by woreyour View Post
      ouch for terran.. EMP now drains up to 100 energy instead of all available energy. And it is hard to get a good emp position.. now you need to get 2 emps to void pheonix and other spell casters.. I wish they increase the emp range.. stimpack to 170? maybe they could make it 150 instead.. and bunkers.. well bunker push earlier? lol battlecruisers could still be kited even with a bit speed they could have added them to thors Infestors are badass HTs with stun
      pre-patch getting emp position was the same problem. You still couldn't emp faster than templars could unload storms if u wait for the engagement to begin. My strat, which is gimmicky but works well in diamond, is to get cloak upgrade when I scout templar tech. Then I can precede an engagement with some key emps.

I use BCs a lot in TvT. The speed increase is great. It won't help vs kiting vikings etc, but it will allow bcs to have more map coverage. Pre-patch, I was constantly forced into base-trade scenarios cuz if u are hit with your slow-ass bcs far away, retreating to defend wasn't an option as it took far too long.

Stim and bunker change should be fine. I think it only really hurts cheesy stuff like 3rax stim timings, or bunker harassing a zerg expo.

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Ketroc View Post
      Shield damage was already capped. (also 100)
      Oupsies. My bad, you're right.

DerKleBesTiF - 233 - (GMT-5)
      Quote Originally Posted by OneManZerg View Post
      *Moderas writes off the Pokemon Theme song*
      Moderas, you might lose moderator status with comments like that. hahahah =p

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Ketroc View Post
      pre-patch getting emp position was the same problem. You still couldn't emp faster than templars could unload storms if u wait for the engagement to begin. My strat, which is gimmicky but works well in diamond, is to get cloak upgrade when I scout templar tech. Then I can precede an engagement with some key emps.

I use BCs a lot in TvT. The speed increase is great. It won't help vs kiting vikings etc, but it will allow bcs to have more map coverage. Pre-patch, I was constantly forced into base-trade scenarios cuz if u are hit with your slow-ass bcs far away, retreating to defend wasn't an option as it took far too long.

Stim and bunker change should be fine. I think it only really hurts cheesy stuff like 3rax stim timings, or bunker harassing a zerg expo.
      Not sure i'd call a 3rax stim timing push cheese but I get your point, and yes I played with the new speedy BC's last night...very good IMO