starcraft 2 strategy guide and video
+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Thread: More than 1 lair
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

More than 1 lair

In most games Zerg players usually upgrade more than 1 hatchery to lair; I can't find a reason to do it, it doesn't generate any aditional larva, and it costs minerals and vespene. Why do it in any other than the main base?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      I don't think a zerg need to upgrade more than 1 lair because its definitely a waste of resource. I do see a lot of zergs upgrade their lair at the expansion. The idea is that if the zerg loses the expansion, he lost. Therefore, its better to have more hit points at his expo from upgrading his lair. In addition, it allows him to hide his tech against a Terran a little better; possibly wasting more than 1 scan to find out all his techs. As a terran player, I always scan a Zerg's main base first.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Yea what SCVrush said is right. And anyway, the only reason you need more than one lair is if your first one dies XD.

Even more, the first lair you get allows all lair research at any hatchery, so you can research drop and speed for ovies at the same time. Having the lair at your expansion is always good for extra defence, however I would only do this on maps where you can easily defend your position, if its a map where its a high chance itll die then either main it or delay it.

Just make sure that when your teching that you have lings to deny scouting, as its even easier to see the expansion lair then if its in your main.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      IS it usefull the drop for ovies? I usually don't research it, speed is a must(for me). But Iam always wondering if drop is a good research, because it almost costs the same as nydus "base" and there as limited amount of units to carry. I never saw a zerg using it.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Its good for a counter attack against thors lol. I hate it more than nydus canals.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Zerg drops are kind of situational, but rushed hydra drops can be GG against a Protoss that does anything but early colossus.
      Add me: Moderas character code: 933

"I wish I was your derivative, so that I could lie tangent to your curves." Physics jokes ftw