+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you kill a stalker ball?
  • Share This Thread!
    • Share on Facebook
      Downloads
      Uploads

How do you kill a stalker ball?

I'm asking it, because as a zerg, don't know how to kill them, I mean in a 7 min attack, you find a 8 at top 10 stalkers and as zerg there is nothing you can do. They do almost as much damage as (stalker 10, 14 vs roaches and blindated units) roaches(16), they have more attack speed, more range, they teleport, lings are 1 shot-1killso you need a HUGE number, to unable them to move, cost a lot of minerals, and their durability is like 5 secs. and they have shield+life. At tier 1 is there anything a zerg can do? yup, I scouted and saw him coming. They seem pretty unstoppable as zerg on tier 1. later on tier 2 with infestors nad hydras-roaches... you can fight them, but before....In order to do that is needed the time of lair upgrade+ strucuture building time+time of untis to be created, SO i don't find any way to be able to fight it, when it's a 7 min attack.

So they kill your army, and keep growing by receiving new units.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      add me as your friend...or foe ;)
      LemanRuss #105 :: USA
      LemanRuss #618 :: EU GMT

Downloads
      Uploads
      slings spines and roaches mix - slings for surround roaches dps, more slings. spines for early defense, 1-2 depends on the number. engage in creep.
      Be my sparring buddy!

add me:

B.net ID: woreyour
      Code #: 180
      [both NA and SEA] (I wonder why it is same...)

"I'm so sexy, I sometimes romance myself..."

Downloads
      Uploads
      When facing protoss, you composition should go as follows:

stalkers = more lings
      zealots = more roaches

the ONLY reason you would want to go roaches against pure stalker is when you have speed and burrow tech. And per 1 of his stalkers, you will at least have 6 lings minimum, so 8 stalkers is over 40 lings. Trust t1 is the best for zerg sometimes, the simplelest answers are the best.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      YUp, the issue is tryed with 32 fastlings against 7 roachues, while getting close they killed it, and when I was around they blinked. The issue is figth them in attack, in defense it is not so hard, with spcrawlers. And Banes are not an option, too slow, and they teleport of of range.

Downloads
      Uploads
      hydras are what you want once the stalker count is high. high dps and not armored. Speedlings are great early, but have lessening results as the stalker ball gets larger and blink is researched.
      Last edited by Ketroc; 03-16-2011 at 11:45 AM.

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Lemanruss View Post
      YUp, the issue is tryed with 32 fastlings against 7 roachues, while getting close they killed it, and when I was around they blinked. The issue is figth them in attack, in defense it is not so hard, with spcrawlers. And Banes are not an option, too slow, and they teleport of of range.
      Then you have no issue this early in the game you dont want to be aggressive like that, blink is purely a harassment ability with perks (blink micro and trapping air units + escaping). Its a big investment especially this early in the game and I would consider you at an advantage if you push it back with minimal damage.

And honestly I wouldnt be bothering to engage it until ive got a huge army OR infestors, macro is going to be more important early game.
      The mind is both willing and able, the hands are too busy reaching for the beer bottle..... Add me on the SEA and NA servers: Flamga #377

GMT +10.5!

Downloads
      Uploads
      OK thx a lot . I usually see this 7-8 as an fast attack, so I didn't have time to build hydras yet.

Downloads
      Uploads
      Late game blink stalkers ftw!

Downloads
      Uploads
      :O great game, yet, it shows what I said... Stalkers are OP. STalkers NERF!!!!! ^^

Downloads
      Uploads
      Quote Originally Posted by Lemanruss View Post
      :O great game, yet, it shows what I said... Stalkers are OP. STalkers NERF!!!!! ^^
      It was actually the hallucinated colossi that won the game. Idra overreacted with an extreme amount of corrupters. So even though he hard counter the stalkers with hydras, the low hydra numbers combined with perfect blink micro gave toss the win.

My SC2 VODs: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ketroc21